Kemet: Seth» Forums » General

Subject: Ta Seti required? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I read somewhere that the path module from Ta Seti is not used in Seth.

Are there any other modules from Ta Seti that are a) required or b) recommended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the rulebook:

Quote:

Ta Seti expansion:
If players use the Ta
Seti expansion, Seth
adds the following two
Combat cards:
The following monster
cards:
The alliance uses the
back of the Osiris
board and swaps the
black victory point tile
with this one:

So it seems like its optional, but Ta Seti can change things. Any clues on its impact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2016521/kemet-seth-rules

List what modules from Ta-Seti can be used (short version, power tiles and battle cards) and lists other useful threads.

My understanding is that nothing is required, but I have yet to see a group that don´t like to play with the black powers and new battle cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you.

Alas I think I can only justify one expansion and the Seth one certainly seems more substantial... Unless seti is an unofficial prerequisite.

I'll wait and see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
sshaikh wrote:
I read somewhere that the path module from Ta Seti is not used in Seth.

Are there any other modules from Ta Seti that are a) required or b) recommended?

Hi Shak S,

Playing with Ta Seti is optionnal.

If you've got the expansion, you can play with the black power tiles (recommended) and of course, black pyramide . Furthertmore, you add the specific combat cards to your starting hand.

Turn order mechanism has no more interest (replaced by a specific one) and the path to Ta-Seti was set aside for game balance reasons.

Hope that i'm clear

Have fun playing

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sshaikh wrote:
Thank you.

Alas I think I can only justify one expansion and the Seth one certainly seems more substantial... Unless seti is an unofficial prerequisite.

I'll wait and see!

I think it´s worthy mentioning that the expansions are radically different: Ta-Seti adds a lot of content to the base game without changing it´s nature (it´s still a 2-5 free-for-all). Seth changes the game into a 3-6 1vAll and from what I understand the new content is very specific to that context. So it really depends on what you are looking for.

For what is worthy, I really like Ta-Seti. The new cards and black powers add a lot of variety to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.