Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kemet is by far my favorite game.
But I greatly prefer free for all and skirmish modes and dislike 1vs all.

Is any of the content usable in a standard game of Kemet? If not, this expansion is a strong pass for me cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the rule book, the mechanism to acquire purple powers is usable without the expansion. However some of those powers are useless for non-Seth players and for now there is really no way to judge how balanced they would be in a free-for-all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's highly unlikely to happen. But it would be so cool if the purple techs we're double sided. One side for 1vs all, and the other side for classic Kemet.

It would be cool with a tech tree that focused on sacrifice. i.e. a tech that give you 2 attack but -1 defense, one that lets you teleport for free, but you must loose a unit, or a really strong monster, that eats one of your own troops after combat ends etc

While I applaud the designers for trying something different, I can't help but feel like it will alienate some of the Kemet fanbase, and 1 vs all games have never been super popular, so it might not even be much of a commercial hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssk0909 wrote:
It's highly unlikely to happen. But it would be so cool if the purple techs we're double sided. One side for 1vs all, and the other side for classic Kemet.

It would be cool with a tech tree that focused on sacrifice. i.e. a tech that give you 2 attack but -1 defense, one that lets you teleport for free, but you must loose a unit, or a really strong monster, that eats one of your own troops after combat ends etc

While I applaud the designers for trying something different, I can't help but feel like it will alienate some of the Kemet fanbase, and 1 vs all games have never been super popular, so it might not even be much of a commercial hit.

I hope you are wrong and the expansion is a hit, just to increase our chances of more Kemet in the future.

I also hope they read your suggestion about the double sided powersand implement it(I know it´s probably too late but...). It would add a lot of value to the expansion and more variability to the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.