Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. Curt here.

We have heard from a few folks a concern over the 'tower' in the Tower of Madness. The concern is that the magnets did not seem to hold the tower closed and in some cases popped open after the marbles were added.

You will notice we used "V" channels on the back of the chip board to create a more sturdy tower when assembled. But the laminate appears to have shrunk slightly adding pressure and the tendency to pull the tower open.

However, we found that the problem is easily addressed by gently flexing the tower into a diamond shape, one side and then the next. This light stretching should keep the board from fighting the force of the magnets. Just take care not to exert too much pressure. You are gently flexing and stretching.

It definitely worked for us at the show and I will be posting a 'how to' video on our site and here on BGG shortly to illustrate this. This should solve the issue. But if not, please let me know at smirkanddagger@gmail.com

Thanks
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I love the concept you have pulled together for this game. I hope the technical issues don’t factor into what looks like a game I would really enjoy. Loved ker-plunk as a kid and loved playing with my daughter when she was a kid. I will be ordering the game soon. Can we expect some reviews from the usual suspects before Long?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this and had no issues with my tower staying together! Thanks Kirk great tip and great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Austin Kinslow
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
"OBVIOUSLY."
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this solution on my own as well. I was originally concerned with the tower staying together but after some light tension flexing it works perfectly.

Great design on this one, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The games are hitting my warehouse this week, which means all the local stores should have them in roughly three weeks. So stop in and ask them to order you a copy. If you can't wait, I have a few left over I can ship out from our site smirkanddagger.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assembly Instructions with simple solutions for towers that won't stay shut, roofs that don't fit - and two solutions for assuring marbles are distributed throughout the tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m64nToEmgc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great first play of Tower of Madness last night and this assembly/setup video will solve the only issues we experienced. Thanks for the video and for caring so much Curt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.