5 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
campaign boardgame
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game looks fun and 60 isn't a bad price tag... I see several solo variants here, but the gmt website lists this as 1 to 2 players.

Is there a set of official solo rules? If so why does bgg still list it as 2 players?

Thanks.

Campaignboardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No official solo rules I know of, there are a couple of variants but this game is as 2 player as it gets, in my opinion. If you have no-one to play locally maybe get the Steam app and play online - it also has an AI you can play for some practice at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Feken
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Get the Steam app. It's really well done and the AI beats me but i suck at this game! Honestly i'm glad i bought the app as i would never be able to play the board game and it's does look a bit fiddly. Speaking of fiddly, i am playing Robbinson Crusoe board game solo which is a nice game to play by yourself (on a board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
campaign boardgame
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Max F wrote:
Get the Steam app. It's really well done and the AI beats me but i suck at this game! Honestly i'm glad i bought the app as i would never be able to play the board game and it's does look a bit fiddly. Speaking of fiddly, i am playing Robbinson Crusoe board game solo which is a nice game to play by yourself (on a board).

I've read about that Crusoe game, but the theme doesn't grab me. I'm getting the American revolution COIN game from gmt and a solo-only airplane game called "hornet leader" that has a lovecraft expansion in September.

Thanks for the replies, I'm not sure why I didn't see them before.

This game, and 1989, look very fun though. Too bad.

Campaignboardgame.

PS I avoid video games. I don't want my kids getting hooked on them like I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
campaignboardgame wrote:
and a solo-only airplane game called "hornet leader" that has a lovecraft expansion in September.

I think Lovecraft maybe played out as a theme when an air combat sim gets a Lovecraft expansion....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls