BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Benelux Math Trade August 2018 Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the Benelux Math Trade August 2018.

Trade Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/244873
Request list: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/244874

List closes: Sunday, September 2nd, 8:00 AM CEST
Deadline for submitting lists: Sunday, September 9th, 8:00 AM CEST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few rules changes:

Quote:
Mistakes made by checking the wrong boxes while creating a want list do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. To make this rule clearer: there will be no pending results, results will be posted as final results.

Each math trade about 2-3 participants ask me to rerun the results because they made a mistake. Since I want to maintain the rules and want to be consistent I always have to tell them I can't do a rerun. I have thought about how I could make the rules even clearer and decided to post no pending results this time, only final results. I hope this way people will double check their want list more and make less mistakes.

Common mistakes:
* Forgetting to use duplicate protection and hence receiving a game twice
* Selecting the wrong game
* Selecting the wrong amount of money
* Not reading the description of an item and hence receiving a game in a different language
* Not owning a game anymore that was traded

How can you avoid mistakes:
* use duplicate protection
* check the description of all the games on your want list: shopping cart icon in OLWLG
* verify the summary in OLWLG: icon "step 4" => red "summary" button
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other rules changes:

Quote:
When adding items to the list: select, if possible, the corresponding image of the version you are offering.

Quote:
Items should be packed for shipping so that they will arrive in the condition they are advertised. Ship the game in a cardboard box. To ensure the game does not get damaged or opens during transport put a rubber band around the game or put it in a plastic bag and fill the empty space (e.g. with newspaper).

Quote:
After shipment the sender should inform the receiver with a tracking number. It's the responsibility of the receiver to follow the parcel and collect it in time (e.g. with DPD a parcel will be returned after 7 days after arrival).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Lamers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klopt het dat ik pas mijn haves van de vorige Math Trade kan toevoegen zodra deze nieuwe Math Trade is goedgekeurd en hij op de OLWLG te vinden is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Leuven
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jep! Daar ben ik ook op aan het wachten!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The math trade is now visible on OLWLG. You can use the + button to add games from previous math trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it matters to anybody:
Mondial Relay now also ships from Belgium to The Netherlands. Price for up to 3kgs is 7€.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Lamers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbow maker wrote:
The math trade is now visible on OLWLG. You can use the + button to add games from previous math trades.

Hij staat nog wel bij de No Ship Math Trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
English please, it's not that hard. Probably half of the audience is French speaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stijnhoofd wrote:

Hij staat nog wel bij de No Ship Math Trades.

Thx, fixed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Mustache
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an item that I want to delete. Can I just press the delete button in the list? I remember that you normally had to say something like: This item is no longer available and keep it in the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giantmustache wrote:
I have an item that I want to delete. Can I just press the delete button in the list? I remember that you normally had to say something like: This item is no longer available and keep it in the list.

You can press the delete button. No need to change it to "no longer available".

Deletions are allowed until the list closes on Sunday, September 2nd, 8:00 AM CEST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy M.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The results of the math trade are online. As stated in the rules these are final, you can start contacting your trading partners and ship the games!

I uploaded the wants to OLWLG and the list "who wanted mine" is also available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Mustache
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone have contact with ausloosd? I got a message from him that I need to transfer some money for shipping, but that was already a week ago. I haven't heard from him since.

David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently he has some problems with geekmail. I’ ve had to create a geek trade three times before he accepted. So after almost two weeks, I hope he’ll ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,
I had apparently some issues with geekmail, as some/all my messages were either not received by the traders or a week later.
It seems to have settled now. I'm currently shipping everything.
Thought I have only received one trade myself, which was a bank transfer.
That said...I don't mind people being slow. This is about games after all...nothing life-threatening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.