Quote:
Units
Corruption

Steal up to 3 units belonging
to different opponents
primarily in their reserve.
Against 2 players, you only
steal 2 units.

I'm confused about how this tile actually works. Do I steal 3 units just once, when I buy the tile? And do I take them from the board, or from the players' reserve? What does "primarily in their reserve" mean? Once I steal the units, do I add them to my troops? Put them in my city? How do I keep track that they are mine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hello,

boomtron wrote:

Do I steal 3 units just once, when I buy the tile?

yes

boomtron wrote:

I'm confused about how this tile actually works. Do I steal 3 units just once, when I buy the tile? And do I take them from the board, or from the players' reserve? What does "primarily in their reserve" mean?

From the players reserves. If there is no more unit in their reserve, you can take units from the board. That's the neaning of "primarily".

boomtron wrote:

Once I steal the units, do I add them to my troops? Put them in my city?

You put them in your city (same as the mercenaries tiles from Ta Seti)

boomtron wrote:

How do I keep track that they are mine?

You can mix / change them with purple units at any time.

The only case that can be confusing is when all Seth's units are on the board and Seth choose to use units corruption to create a new troop. In that (very rare) case, you can use the square plastic token with this troop. It will remember you that those units belong to Seth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks Guillaume!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gui11aume wrote:
boomtron wrote:

I'm confused about how this tile actually works. Do I steal 3 units just once, when I buy the tile? And do I take them from the board, or from the players' reserve? What does "primarily in their reserve" mean?

From the players reserves. If there is no more unit in their reserve, you can take units from the board. That's the meaning of "primarily".

Just for the record, that is not at all what "primarily" means in English.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/primarily

So, if I took two units from the reserves of two different players and a third unit from another player's army then I primarily took them from the reserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
andrewbwm wrote:
q="boomtron"]

Oh... blush

what is the best word to express this idea in your opinion ? (You may have noticed that English is not my best skill)

The idea is : if there are units in players' reserves, you have to take them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gui11aume wrote:
Oh... blush

what is the best word to express this idea in your opinion ? (You may have noticed that English is not my best skill)

The idea is : if there are units in players' reserves, you have to take them first.

Corrupting Units
Steal up to 3 units belonging to different opponents, taking them from their reserves if possible, or their armies otherwise. Against 2 players, you only steal 2 units.

Is a decent option I'd say. There is no good one word solution to cover that in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Lincoln
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:

Is a decent option I'd say. There is no good one word solution to cover that in my opinion.

If you could only change one word I think “preferably” would probably be the best one word answer but I think the full rewrite you did explains the text more easily and completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to change this to "you must change them to Purple units as soon as possible." Otherwise, Purple could choose to permanently increase its counter mix and decrease that of Seth's victims!

(Edit) Never mind, I see now that it only works once per game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Units Corruption
Steal up to 3 units belonging to different opponents taken first from units in their reserve then from the board. Against 2 players, you only steal 2 units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls