Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the announcement thread for the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'18 (25.10.2018 - 28.10.2018) in Essen.

Do not post in this thread!

This thread will provide announcements, updates, reminders, and other important information regarding the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade.

The idea is that only the organizer account posts in this thread to keep it limited to relevant information. If you don't want to keep up with the discussion thread, subscribe to this thread instead and it will provide you with all the important information (and not much more than that). Please do not post in this thread.

All information provided here will be mirrored in the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread to allow for questions and comments over there.

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade

There is a request list where you can add games that you would like to see offered in this trade:
Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade request list

Please use the discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat:
Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day to add/edit/delete items

I will most likely end the item submission tomorrow in the early afternoon (CEST). Until then, I'll try to do more frequent re-syncs of OLWLG.

I ask everyone to remove sold/unavailable items from the list NOW and to consider not selling or trading items elsewhere during the want list submission period. Keep in mind that more than 150 people spend time with your items by reading their descriptions, evaluating them, adding them to wishlists etc., so it's only fair to keep the number of time wasting "zombie items" down to a minimum.

Remember that deleting items is only allowed now during the item submission phase.

Please check your items for unanswered comments and questions. Comments posted after the item submission deadline will not show up in OLWLG. Make sure that all information regarding your offer is included in the item description.

This is how OLWLG notifies you of unanswered comments for your items:

There are currently over 2700 items in the trade list and it's still growing steadily. Thank you all for participating and for helping out new users in the discussion thread!

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, use the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now. You will be able to submit your want lists soon after the final resync of OLWLG.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

My usual advice for creating good want lists: Assume that each of your own items will trade for your least favourite item on its respective want list. If that would still make you happy, then your want lists are fine. If not, delete those least favourite items from your want lists and start over with this tip.

Comments on trade list items are still enabled to ask and answer questions. But remember that these will not show up in OLWLG anymore. At this point all the important information should be included in your item descriptions. If you are not able to deliver an item as advertised in the item description, you have to withdraw that item from the trade (i.e. submit an empty want list for it).

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, use the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: The want lists for the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade have to be submitted by Sunday (CEST/UTC+2) - about 34 hours from now.

Remember that after creating your want lists in Step 4 of OLWLG it is not enough to Confirm Changes. You also need to submit them by clicking Submit Your Lists Here! followed by Submit My Wants. You will receive a confirmation GeekMail from OLWLG.

If you modified your already submitted want lists in Step 4 of OLWLG you also need to re-submit your modified set of lists using the above method. You will receive an updated confirmation GeekMail.

Although the official deadline is in about 34 hours from now, I may run the trade at any time on Sunday. This is my latest estimation:

cuazzel wrote:
With my current schedule (I am traveling that weekend) I'd say there is a 20% chance I'll close and run the trade early Sunday morning (as in right after midnight early), 20% chance of doing it around breakfast time (around 9:00), 20% chance for the afternoon (15:00) and 39% chance of running it in the early evening (18:00-19:00). That's the best I can estimate now.*

In any case the preliminary results will follow within the hour after closing the want list submission.

*I figure there's also a 1% chance of falling asleep and forgetting about it completely :)
Just keep in mind that after the official deadline the submission period may be over at any time without further notification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results are up!

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results. If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (e.g. table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try manually adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 24 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Please do not ask me to upload the WANTS to OLWLG. I will do this once the results are confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
36 hours have passed and I'm very happy to announce that everyone agreed to accept their mistakes and stick to their commitments. Thank you!

The results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Remember that using the BGG Trade Manager is encouraged and that cash trades are considered sales and have to go through the BGG marketplace.

Have a great time at SPIEL'18 in Essen, maybe see you there and please take some photos and make some videos of the chaos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have no other information, I assume that our trade meeting place will stay the same:

There will be a general math trade meeting each day at noon (12:00 CEST on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and 12:00 CET on Sunday) in front of hall 3 next to Entrance West - right hand of the entrance area when approaching the entrance from the outside:

Note that the area is roofed but still outside. Wear suitable clothes and protect your games from rain and moisture. It may get chilly in October in Germany, so please be on time before your trade partners turn into icicles.
There is a roofed veranda that runs alongside the building and provides enough space to move along in two directions with people standing on both sides. Don't be afraid to delve into this dungeon of trading, your trade partners may be lingering in there.

Please prepare a sign with your username and/or avatar that is readable from a certain distance - this seems to be a proven concept :)

Remember that you may agree on any type of user identification to make sure you found the right person. You may exchange phone numbers and send each other a confirmation text message in Essen or log in to your BGG account as proof of your identity. You may also exchange a password via GeekMail in advance or let your trade partners know what you will be wearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping leftovers math trade is up!

A second chance for your unwanted stuff! But be quick, it's only running for a week.

The Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread and Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade announcement thread will stay the same.

The list will close on Tuesday, 09.10.2018 after 16.00 CEST. Want list submission period will be closed at some time on Sunday, 14.10.2018 after 09:00 CEST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is locked now.

Do not delete items from the trade list anymore!

You can submit your want lists now. Remember that after creating your want lists in Step 4 of OLWLG it is not enough to Confirm Changes. You also need to submit them by clicking Submit Your Lists Here! followed by Submit My Wants. You will receive a confirmation GeekMail from OLWLG.

Want list submission period will be closed at some time on Sunday, 14.10.2018 after 09:00 CEST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results are up!

You should now find a set of new links in OLWLG, one of them being pending results summary. It will take you to the results. If a link in OLWLG doesn't work as expected (e.g. table format view, arbitrage check etc.) try manually adding &pending=1 to the URL.

Important: Check your results for possible errors within the next 22 hours and geekmail me directly if there seems to be anything wrong.

Reminder: Mistakes you made by checking the wrong boxes while creating your want lists do not warrant a rerun of the trade and can not be corrected. By adding an item to one of your want lists you agreed to accept it in exchange for your respective item as stated in the rules.

Please do not ask me to upload the WANTS to OLWLG. I will do this once the results are confirmed.

Please use the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The results are confirmed. Happy trading!

Please use the Essen SPIEL 2018 no shipping math trade discussion thread for all your trade related questions, suggestions, comments and chit-chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls