Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, thank you very much for all your replies. I did not expect so many responses! I do already have some fine Scotch at home and also own some good qualitiy tweezers. The plan is like many of you suggested to start out with stickering smaller batches and units that are needed the most. I guess that means the Barbarian army as I can reuse the base game Romans for the early scenarios in expansion 2. And I skip stickering expansion 4 for the time being.

Unfortunately, I already went through the whole History of Rome podcast several times However, the author did release an (audio)book last year. Might want to check that one out.

Thanks again, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
I enjoy stickering. However, after opening my C&C:A box, I was glad I bought is used. And perfectly stickered.

Well, a couple of my preowned base game units look like this:

I hope, I can do a little bit better than that goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those would be after a few too MANY glasses of scotch! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am done stickering expansion 2. Took me two evening session with podcast in the backround. Applying the sticker wasn't as hard as imagined though my hand did ache a bit afterwards. I should probably change tweezers.

Anyways, thanks again guys. I am a happy camper now and already put the Barbarian army to a test!

Also put an order in for expansion 1 ... *cough*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay stretch
United States
Panama City beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A really good bottle of Spanish wine. Wonderful stuff that. Makes stickering much much more tolerable. And of course, Newcastle United FC on the tele helps ( poor chaps ). But I still support the white coats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just eyeball it. I first set one corner, then another. When I’m happy with the placement, I lightly smooth it down flat. If the alignment is on, I smooth it down again but apply more pressure to secure it.

I’ve found that you can usually fix little alignment errors by holding and pressing down HARD on the applied sticker with your thumb and smooshing it into place. Maybe a few millimeters in the desired direction. It can make a difference!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
BradyLS wrote:
I just eyeball it. I first set one corner, then another. When I’m happy with the placement, I lightly smooth it down flat. If the alignment is on, I smooth it down again but apply more pressure to secure it.

I’ve found that you can usually fix little alignment errors by holding and pressing down HARD on the applied sticker with your thumb and smooshing it into place. Maybe a few millimeters in the desired direction. It can make a difference!

This perfectly captures my strategy. I feel a sense of stickering contentment just reading this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |