Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
coming soon... CAFE
badge
the COSTA in the ROLLER COASTER
mbmbmbmbmb

Spiel Portugal is proud to announce Lisboa, the winner of the 2018 edition of "Jogo do Ano" award.
Congratulations to the winner and to all nominees!!!
Check them all here!

Here are some words from the designer Vital Lacerda:

Thank you to my friends of Spiel for the game of the year. 10 years ago I was playtesting my first game at LeiriaCon, Vinhos. Since then I never failed one of their conventions and made sure having at least one prototype to playtest there. In 2007 Spiel Portugal started to promote a prize called Jogo do Ano and Vinhos was in the short list. In 2014 another of my games, Kanban, also reached the short list but didn’t get it.
Eight years later Jogo do Ano became one of the most important prizes of the world on the side of medium and heavy games. Delivered prizes to the best game designers in the world like Uwe, Mac Gertds, Martin Wallace. Of course I always, as a heavy gamer designer, want to get the prize, specially because it also comes from my country. Finally seems like I made a game that pleased most of the demanding guys of that group.
Getting the Prize Jogo do Ano for Lisboa is not only an honor to me but also honors all the people who developed, playtested, sent feedback and created this game during 3 or 4 years.
Thank you all of you who spent so many hours to make this game a good one, and Jogo do Ano prize is the prove of the recognition of all those fellows work and time.
Thank you guys.
- Vital
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Carlos Santos
Portugal
Marinha Grande
flag msg tools
designer
the RÔLA in the ROLLER COASTER
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!!! Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to Vital Well deserved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls