United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Mock Test Math Trade early Oct 2018
In the header of the geeklist it says

Quote:
Trade Resolver: TradeMaximizer (trying to maximize number of trades)
* Duplicate Protection
* NO Priorities
* SEED=1234567
* ITERATIONS=100
* METRIC=USERS-TRADING
Important Note: requires special version of TradeMax (pointer to which will be provided)
What is TradeMax and why is it required? How do I get it? What does it do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The header for the geeklist had a lot of useful information. As someone new to math trades I really appreciated it. I would suggest also explaining how to use the

%Options%
%End%

to include the version info.

I'm not sure why people aren't required to do it for every thing listed. It would be so helpful. Often times the version information that is included is incomplete.

That said, what does one do if you version is not in the BGG database?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Okay, I can't find this trade in the olwlg. Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
rainbowrose wrote:
it's under "Other Active Shipping Math Trade(s)"

rainbowrose wrote:
Deadline stated in the trade geeklist is Oct 28 but from reading this thread it seems like it is already over?
sorry i forgot to update base post of this thread... this is a new style "leftovers" math trade using the same geeklist as the original math trade. I'll update the base post.

TradeMax is short for TradeMaximizer (that's a wiki page for it) and it's the actual software that does the "math" to find the actual trade loops

as for

%Options%
%End%

the easiest way is to sync your bgg collection data with the olwlg if you haven't already then use the "add games to this math trade" script (it's the icon that's a bock with a + sign on it... that defaults to showing you everything you have in your collection marked "for trade"... in the textarea for each one you'll see the olwlg has put an options block with the version if you selected a version for the collection record

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
JeffyJeff wrote:
rainbowrose wrote:
it's under "Other Active Shipping Math Trade(s)"

rainbowrose wrote:
Deadline stated in the trade geeklist is Oct 28 but from reading this thread it seems like it is already over?
sorry i forgot to update base post of this thread... this is a new style "leftovers" math trade using the same geeklist as the original math trade. I'll update the base post.

TradeMax is short for TradeMaximizer (that's a wiki page for it) and it's the actual software that does the "math" to find the actual trade loops

as for

%Options%
%End%

the easiest way is to sync your bgg collection data with the olwlg if you haven't already then use the "add games to this math trade" script (it's the icon that's a bock with a + sign on it... that defaults to showing you everything you have in your collection marked "for trade"... in the textarea for each one you'll see the olwlg has put an options block with the version if you selected a version for the collection record
Thanks. I already know how to do it. But I wanted you to explain it for other people because when I discovered it I was so excited. It makes it so much easier to include version info and it is more accurate when people do it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
JeffyJeff wrote:
as for

%Options%
%End%

I added something like 36 items to the database all using the automated thing that puts in the

%Options%
%End%

But none of them seem to have the version info in step 3. What went wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
JeffyJeff wrote:
I was looking for this link in the trade geeklist header and couldn't find it. Might consider adding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
10. * It is strongly suggested that if you have more than one identical copy of an item you'd like to list that instead of listing them all individually to instead to list if only once and to add to the botton of the item's description:
%Options%
Copies: 2 (where 2 can be any positive number as appropriate)
%End%
This makes it easier for both you and potential traders. See here for more info
Saw this and thought great! I can easily offer multiple gift certificates or geekgold but fortuitously I read the "See here for more info" and discovered that it doens't work in the case that someone wants more than one of my copies. This is very disappointing indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What does the OLWLG do if in your collection you have for trade an item with a custom version?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm sorry that sentence is hard to read but I don't know how to make it better. Ugh

In the OLWLG, I see buttons for steps 3 and 4. What are steps 1 and 2 and how to I access them? Why aren't there buttons for them too? Are there any steps after step 4? How do you access those? Why no buttons?

What does OLWLG stand for? How do you pronounce it? In my head I just call it the Owl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
hmm, interesting, the last cached version info was May 8, 2017. I did edit some code on May 22 and 23 of 2017 related to versions but my guess I also changed something on May 8th that broke it

I'll have to look closer but probably won't get to it today

ps: when parsing the geeklist the olwlg only looks for the versionid: entry for the version... the other entries in there are for the humans viewing the geeklist directly (vs. via the olwlg)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
rainbowrose wrote:
In the OLWLG, I see buttons for steps 3 and 4. What are steps 1 and 2 and how to I access them? Why aren't there buttons for them too? Are there any steps after step 4? How do you access those? Why no buttons?

What does OLWLG stand for? How do you pronounce it? In my head I just call it the Owl.
see the wikipage OLWLG (you can also get to this page by clicking on the question mark icon in the navigation bar within the OLWLG)

like the artist formally named prince there is no pronunciation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Kong Cavalier
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
MN
flag msg tools
badge
GHOSTBEAR FOREVER
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: "TCAT" - Member of the Twin Cities Ameritrash GroupMicrobadge: I am a friendly face - I welcome questions from New Users!Microbadge: Pay it ForwardMicrobadge: Worker placement fan

Hi Jeff,

For the record I call it the olwolg <AWL-waulg>

I may have screwed up. I added a bunch of games with only two of them that were in the previous math trade. I just added 6 games at the deadline to participate and it occurred to me later that if you were running a leftovers trade I may need to be limited to the previous 3 games that were, well, leftover.

This question comes up for me because I am failing to see a SUBMIT link on my step four of the OLWLG. I have submitted my games, the last 6 of the list, edited my wants, and...that's it, no submit link.

Thank you for running this, the October trade was my first math trade and I'm hooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Keith, was the October trade that you mentions the October '18 US Math Trade?

I'm just finishing up on that one too. It has been great. It was my third math trade and I think there is still a lot to learn which is why I participated in this mock trade. I want to get till the whole procedure is as painless as possible. If there is a feature in the OLWLG that will help make things easier, I want to learn about it and learn how to use it correctly and to best advantage.

Did you know that if you include your version info in your collection on BGG that the OLWLG will put that version information into the geeklist for you? And it does that for trade condition as well. Those are the best features that I recently discovered. Although, I'm not sure I'm doing it right yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
takasan wrote:
This question comes up for me because I am failing to see a SUBMIT link on my step four of the OLWLG. I have submitted my games, the last 6 of the list, edited my wants, and...that's it, no submit link.
sorry was out watching the patriots game tonight and just got back... I enabled want list submissions so you should now see the submit link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: When someone is struggling, be Mo Cheeks.Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Golden Meeple
JeffyJeff wrote:
sorry was out watching the patriots game tonight and just got back... I enabled want list submissions so you should now see the submit link
I still don't have a submit link. Also note I'm one of the users that was not in on the first mock trade and only joined for the leftovers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Kong Cavalier
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
MN
flag msg tools
badge
GHOSTBEAR FOREVER
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: "TCAT" - Member of the Twin Cities Ameritrash GroupMicrobadge: I am a friendly face - I welcome questions from New Users!Microbadge: Pay it ForwardMicrobadge: Worker placement fan
JeffyJeff wrote:
takasan wrote:

You have a life outside of BGG, creating MT algorithms, and and answering questions from NOOBs like me? Shame, Jeff. Shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Cooperative Games fanMicrobadge: Care Bear GamerMicrobadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: FeminismMicrobadge: Respect
steckman wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
I still don't have a submit link. Also note I'm one of the users that was not in on the first mock trade and only joined for the leftovers.
I was in the first trade as well. I'm seeing the warning that I need to submit, but there is no submit button. I only have Table, Summary, and Duplicate Protection available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: When someone is struggling, be Mo Cheeks.Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Golden Meeple
peakhope wrote:
steckman wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
I was in the first trade as well. I'm seeing the warning that I need to submit, but there is no submit button. I only have Table, Summary, and Duplicate Protection available.
Interesting ... I don't see a warning that I need to submit. In fact, the only way I can see that trade is open for submissions is the "35.9 hours left to submit wants" on the homepage. I'm used to getting a GM saying submissions are open, but I don't know if that is automated or if other moderators are triggering that manually on their trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
I thought I had turned submissions on but when I checked it wasn't... it's now turned on and I double checked this time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
JeffyJeff wrote:
I thought I had turned submissions on but when I checked it wasn't... it's now turned on and I double checked this time
I was able to submit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No matter what I click on in the OLWLG, I'm getting
Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Also, I can't find the auto check button.

I've assigned values to all my wants and all my offers and now I want it to populate with check marks. Then I will fine tune it before submitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
rainbowrose wrote:
No matter what I click on in the OLWLG, I'm getting
Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Also, I can't find the auto check button.

I've assigned values to all my wants and all my offers and now I want it to populate with check marks. Then I will fine tune it before submitting.

the server error apparently cleared itself up. the auto-check is still there but you have to click on the "How to assign values"... which I've now added "... and auto-check boxes" to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks.

Found it.

Jeff,

Is there a way to see the my own items listed in order of the values I assigned them.

I realize that the items are sorted in this way across the top and bottom of the window on the page with all the check boxes.

However, the values themselves are do not appear on that page.

I would like to see the list sorted with the values listed and preferable editable.

Thanks again for creating an awesome tool and continuing to develop and support it.

Laura

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I see that it tells me how many check boxes there are. Is there some place that it tells me how many checks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
fwiw I found and fixed the bug where game version info wasn't being cached when you sync your collection... 2 missing characters can make a big difference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |