Subject: Does anyone who owns this game want to part with it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Chronister

Poteau
Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would any owner of this game be interested in parting with it? I'd take a used copy or new. If so, let me know what price you'd expect. I'm surprised that games like this that are so highly rated have not been reprinted by MMP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are in the process of reprinting all the games in the Great Campaigns of the American Civil War series. They started with Stonewall Jackson's Way II (adding extra material in the form of the "All Green Alike" scenarios) and went on to release Roads to Gettysburg II: Lee Strikes North (which also includes Here Come the Rebels and "Road to the White House" scenarios) this year. I wouldn't expect them to go back and re-do Stonewall Jackson's Way II until they have reprinted the other games in the series.

Note that they have also been releasing games from the Western Theater (Battle Above the Clouds and Atlanta Is Ours so far) while they reprint the older games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hatfield
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sadly the company that makes these games is not doing the best making this game available for people. They only seem to keep in stock (very limited stock) the newest game, and not even the previously released new game. It's sad.

Equally bad is that once you have this game, it isn't likely you're going to part with it, as replacing it in the future is going to be a major challenge. I sort of wonder if something like SJW2 will be as scarce as On To Richmond is from the original run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s expensive to keep low volume games in stock. Note that even GMT doesn’t keep games like Twilight Struggle in stock continuously (though given its much larger audience they do reprint it often.)

You are no doubt thinking of Euro games that have much larger markets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Correll
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am only a casual player and would like to get into the series, but not going to pay hundreds for it when the only reason it is like that is because of scarcity. It's not that old of a title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hbaq121 wrote:
I am only a casual player and would like to get into the series, but not going to pay hundreds for it when the only reason it is like that is because of scarcity. It's not that old of a title.

It is easy to get into the series and have lots to play.

It is hard to obtain everything in the series at this point in time, but that is no bar to playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Note that even GMT doesn’t keep games like Twilight Struggle in stock continuously"
I wish that MMP would also provide a P500 approach to reprints similar to GMT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls