United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
This differs from old styled leftover math trades where a new geeklist is created and everyone has to copy all your items you still want to trade and recreate your want lists and dummy items.

Instead it uses the same geeklist on BGG but in the OLWLG it shows up as a new math active math trade. Items which previously traded will be ignored (those using "copies" functionality and not all copies traded will be tentatively ignored until you edit those items to update the number of copies you are offering this time around).

All your prior dummy items and wants are carried forward.

Do note that the OLWLG will still display the index in the 1st column of step 3 (viewlist) but you will notice the indexes aren't sequential because of the ignore previously traded items.

This is currently untested on a real math trade but if you would like to volunteer your recently (or even not so recent) completed math trade let me know. Or if you just want to help test it on a mock (practice, no items will really be traded) math trade you can go over to it in the OLWLG at

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=246521...

You'll notice the listid is the same as the original math trade with the suffix V2... if after this math trade ends we could even have another leftovers of the current "version" of the current leftovers trade and it would become V3.

Note also for organizers that this new functionality is separate from the using item ids for lot names functionality... this should work for any already completed math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of October I will launch the next Italian Math Trade and I will ask to the boys if they want try it live. Said this a technical note.
JeffyJeff wrote:
[...]
Instead it uses the same geeklist on BGG but in the OLWLG it shows up as a new math active math trade. Items which previously traded will be ignored (those using "copies" functionality and not all copies traded will be tentatively ignored until you edit those items to update the number of copies you are offering this time around).
[...]
To allow this the organizer must unlock the geeklist?

Said this, I dare asking one thing: is it possible to apply this selective option to the tool that allows you to up-load items from the previous math trades? It would avoid the error of re-offering items that you have already traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great progress!

Would the OLWLG be able to check if items were still or not now shown as available for trade in the user's collection? This would facilitate - for example - Leftovers Trades in the "off months" where main Trades are run, ay, every two months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just ended a MT (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=246241) and I would like to try it right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
yes... that is what allows new items to enter the MT
Quote:
Said this, I dare asking one thing: is it possible to apply this selective option to the tool that allows you to up-load items from the previous math trades? It would avoid the error of re-offering items that you have already traded.
I think I understand the question... have the "add item(s) to this MT from a prior MT/collection" tool/script flag items that you've already still have in the current MT? If so the tool/script already does that

Warning: you already have this item in that math trade geeklist
enoon wrote:
Would the OLWLG be able to check if items were still or not now shown as available for trade in the user's collection? This would facilitate - for example - Leftovers Trades in the "off months" where main Trades are run, ay, every two months.
if from the "add" tool/script it should when "Use Your BGG Collection Data" only show items marked "for trade" (assuming you've resynced your collection data post prior MT's)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
We just ended a MT (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=246241) and I would like to try it right now.
done.... it now shows up in step 2 as "Leftovers" before it's original name... go and edit the geeklists header to change the OLWLG deadlines and unlock (allow users to add/comment)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not possible to automatically remove from OLWLG the items that have been traded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
It's not possible to automatically remove from OLWLG the items that have been traded?
they aren't removed from the geeklist... they are ignored by the OLWLG when sync the OLWLG with the geeklist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
And if I don't want other items to be added? Can I go straightly to the wantlist up-load phase?

JeffyJeff wrote:
Quote:
I think I understand the question... have the "add item(s) to this MT from a prior MT/collection" tool/script flag items that you've already still have in the current MT? If so the tool/script already does that

Not exactly. It happened in my math trades that someone, after the results were made public, contacted me saying that when they used the tool they up-loaded even some items that that had traded in the previous math trade, and that one of those items had been traded again. Now, if you can detect what has been traded for a left over trade, I think that you can detect it even in this case, so, by not showing the items that were traded in the trade selected for importing, this type of error would be avoided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
lolcese wrote:
they aren't removed from the geeklist... they are ignored by the OLWLG when sync the OLWLG with the geeklist

I resynced the GL and the traded items are shown in steps 3 and 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
lolcese wrote:
I resynced the GL and the traded items are shown in steps 3 and 4.
ah I forgot when I was testing I was using a copy of the sync'ing script... it's now live and I resynced your MT and it's now ignoring those already traded items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
And if I don't want other items to be added? Can I go straightly to the wantlist up-load phase?
yes you could... though with out "fresh meat" to oil the works unless enough folks add more wants to their lists it's less likely to generate more trades.

BlackSheeper wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Quote:

Not exactly. It happened in my math trades that someone, after the results were made public, contacted me saying that when they used the tool they up-loaded even some items that that had traded in the previous math trade, and that one of those items had been traded again. Now, if you can detect what has been traded for a left over trade, I think that you can detect it even in this case, so, by not showing the items that were traded in the trade selected for importing, this type of error would be avoided.
ah ok, I look closer at what addition warnings I can add to the addmygames script
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible to delete them from the wants list too? Just to clean the things a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Quote:

ah ok, I look closer at what addition warnings I can add to the addmygames script
In case you could omit showing the games that were traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds like a great idea!

Does the OLWLG also keep any remaining items that I had wanted on the main trade in my step 4 view? If not, this would be pretty handy because it would save me the effort to select the same games again in step 3 (while I could still add new items in step 3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the traded items could be removed from Step 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
It's possible to delete them from the wants list too? Just to clean the things a bit
ok, the step 4 table now ignores both yours and others items that were fully traded... those that were partly traded (owners had "copies" greater than 1) it still shows but marks them with an icon before the game name... if the owners edit those item(s) then the icon will go away (in theory they updated the "copies" they have left)

I'm also working on it so the owners won't be able to submit want lists for those items if they haven't edited them.

I've still also got to put in various places like maybe step 3 to let them know they need to edit those items if they want them to still be in the current trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
Also, the traded items could be removed from Step 3
they should be... looking at your leftovers MT GL# 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, .... at the bottom of the full list in step 3 it says 483 items displayed... while the original had 729 items of which 248 were traded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
Does the OLWLG also keep any remaining items that I had wanted on the main trade in my step 4 view? If not, this would be pretty handy because it would save me the effort to select the same games again in step 3 (while I could still add new items in step 3).
yes, sorry I wasn't clear (I've edited base post) but yes, your dummys, wants are carried forward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
lolcese wrote:
done.... it now shows up in step 2 as "Leftovers" before it's original name... go and edit the geeklists header to change the OLWLG deadlines and unlock (allow users to add/comment)
reminder to edit the geeklist header and put in your new deadlines (otherwise it shows as having ended on leftovers in olwlg)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iḿ getting errors when I try to submit my wants
Quote:

ERROR!!!!!
Your want lists can not be submitted because your wants have been edited/modified. Please double check your wants below and try again. If that doesn't work, then please contact JeffyJeff.
/Q6RM4bJ9VOz-XYIJtHsaQ
NaWFLiD25TjiHNgUOwluSw

It's more or less random. Sometimes empty rows appear like

sometimes not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
Iḿ getting errors when I try to submit my wants
Quote:
ERROR!!!!!
Your want lists can not be submitted because your wants have been edited/modified. Please double check your wants below and try again. If that doesn't work, then please contact JeffyJeff.
/Q6RM4bJ9VOz-XYIJtHsaQ
NaWFLiD25TjiHNgUOwluSw
thats a md5 checksum mismatch... which is to guard against folks changing their wants in two different windows (even on different computers)...

you didn't happen to be in step 4, then in another window sync the geeklist with the OLWLG, and then in the step 4 window submit?

I tried to reproduce w/the mock leftovers trade and mine did submit

I'll have to look closer but probably won't get to it today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, one computer, one tab open.

The strange thing is the rows going back and forth, but I can live with that

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:
The strange thing is the rows going back and forth, but I can live with that
I'm guessing you get the checksum mismatch when those rows are there? how about if you submit your wantlists when the rows aren't there?

in any case you shouldn't see those rows at all. there is one diff between your MT and the the mock one... the mock one is using item id's for lot names... when I get a chance to look it could be related to that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |