United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KEMET/SETH SET UP CLARIFICATIONS
By Chas

THE BOARD

When selecting which side of the game board to use by player count, do not count Seth himself in the number of players.

SETH

1. Seth Set Up #7: Seth takes only 6 purple Battle Cards of the 8 available. Another 2 are only used with Ta-Seti in play—see Page 2 Sidebar. A 9th card is placed on its Battle Mirror Power tile (see #6).

2. Seth Set Up #8: Seth takes only only 7 of the 10 purple Creature Cards. The other three are used with Ta-Seti in play (see Page 2 Sidebar).

THE ALLIANCE

1. Alliance Set Up #1: Are the 35 Core Game Divine Intervention (DI) Cards and the 12 Ta-Seti DI cards (marked with a black dot) replaced by the 40 Seth DI card deck (marked with a purple dot)? (Yes; as answered by the designer below).

2. Alliance Set Up #2: Replace the Core/Ta-seti Game Yellow Power Tiles (one Level 3 card for color except purple) with the 4 new Seth non purple Power Tiles (marked with a gold circle on their backs).

3. Alliance Set Up #3: When replacing the old Sphinx power tile with the new Seth Sphinx power tile, remove the Blue Permanent Sphinx Victory Point token from the game.

4. Page 2 Sidebar (bottom): The “back” of the Osiris board (actually the front printing wise) used with Ta-Seti in play is the one with a Black Power Tile space.

COMPONENTS NOT USED WITH KEMET/SETH

4 Core/Ta-Seti yellow Victory Point Power Tiles
Blue Sphinx and Legion Power Tiles (2)
Blue Sphinx, Blue Sanctuary of All Gods, and Yellow Victory Point tokens
35 Core Game DI Cards
15 Ta-Seti DI Cards

IF NOT USING SOME TA-SETI MODULES

Path To Ta-Seti not in use: Priests, and Object, Bonus, and Skill tokens
Dawn Phase not in use: Dawn tokens

Note: The designer has recommended using the Black Tiles and Battle Cards from Ta-Seti with Kemet Seth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo I've got the game set up on the table, but haven't played it yet. I found a number of component confusions in the set up on Rules Page 2; based on an initial unfamiliarity with the new components, some of the new components being marked with a set icon (DI Cards) but not others, and the description in the player aid booklets) and a decision that needed to be made about which Ta-Seti modules (if any) were to be used. Most can eventually be figures out, but only if you use the player aid booklets, and compare some new and old components. I found these clarifications above useful, and hope you will too.

I'm still not sure about exactly which DI cards are supposed to be used, mainly whether or not the Ta-Seti DI cards are to be used if that expansion is in effect. An official answer to the asterisked item above about that would be good to have. The Alliance Set Up #1 says "They replace the DI card deck with the Kemet, Seth, specific Alliance DI card deck. (There is no note on the Ta-Seti DI cards; my guess is that they are not used).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Rubert

Illinois
msg tools
Another question on setup:

When we start the game is our first turn a night phase and then a day phase per usual?

We do not go into the day phase immediately on the first turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:

I'm still not sure about exactly which DI cards are supposed to be used, mainly whether or not the Ta-Seti DI cards are to be used if that expansion is in effect. An official answer to the asterisked item above about that would be good to have. The Alliance Set Up #1 says "They replace the DI card deck with the Kemet, Seth, specific Alliance DI card deck. (There is no note on the Ta-Seti DI cards; my guess is that they are not used).

Hi chas 59,

Let me precise the Seth up ( ) of this expansion, when you play with Ta Seti :
you only take the combat cards, the black pyramids and the black power tiles.

Di cards are set aside.

hope I'm clear

Have fun playing

Jacques

Ps : thanks for all the clarifications you precised, we (guillaume and me), appreciate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ncRubert wrote:
Another question on setup:

When we start the game is our first turn a night phase and then a day phase per usual?

We do not go into the day phase immediately on the first turn?

Hi ncrubert,

as in the base game, you begin with a night phase the a day phase.

have fun playing,

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacques,

Merci pour le reponse! Your English is better than my French. But always glad to help out.

The first game was fun, and we'll be playing again next Saturday, after which I'll post a sessions report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Cool, chas59

looking forward to hearing your impressions...

And your French is "almost" perfect

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arian Farivar
Iceland
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm having a problem in setting up the board when you are playing 2 v Seth you will use the 2 player side of the board with only half of the map correct?
and in a 3 v Seth again only half of the board but the other side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arianf65 wrote:
Hello, I'm having a problem in setting up the board when you are playing 2 v Seth you will use the 2 player side of the board with only half of the map correct?

Hello,

Seth changes the game massively. The board remains the same not matter player count.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
arianf65 wrote:

Hello,

Seth changes the game massively. The board remains the same not matter player count.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud

This confused us as well. We finally made the assumption based on the photos in the rules that you DO NOT count the Seth player when choosing which side of the board to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
veector wrote:
We finally made the assumption based on the photos in the rules that you DO NOT count the Seth player when choosing which side of the board to play.

That's correct.
You have to choose the board configuration regarding the number of the alliance members.
Basically, at the start of the game, each player (including Seth) will have his own city.

Guillaume
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hieu Trinh
Vietnam
flag msg tools
Just got the Kemet:Seth expansion today. After a small test (not finish the game) I have some question:

- Should we use the "Path to Ta Seti" module or should not? Because Seth doesn't have any priest so he cannot join the path to Ta Seti, so it's unfair for him.

- When corruption a creature, the rule said the battle is normally, so both the Seth player and alliance player use combat and DI card. Is it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The publisher has suggested not using Path To Ta-Seti with Seth.

2. Yes, both sides get to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hieu Trinh
Vietnam
flag msg tools
Thank you for the very quick reply laugh

One more think I want to make it clear about mixed troop. I have that situation:

- A mixed troop 5 units + 1 creature with 3 color: red, yellow, black.

Red player have: Charge! (+1 str when attack), God Speed (+1 movement), Teleport (can teleport from obelisk), Giant Scorpion (+2 str, +2 dam, +1 movement).

Yellow player have: Carnage (+1 dam), Blades of Neith (+1 str), Initiative (destroy 2 units before battle)

Black player have: Defensive Victory (gain VP when win as defender), Crusade (gain 2 PP for each enemy unit get kill in battle)

So:

- When the Yellow player control and move the troop, battle happen and yellow player use his Combat and DI cards. He had ALL the battle ability of this troop: +2 str (from Charge! and Blade of Neith), +3 dam (from Carnage and Giant Scorpion). And when this troop kill 3 enemy unit in this battle, it gain 6 PP (thank to Crusade) and red, yellow, black can share this 6 PP like red get 1PP, yellow get 3PP, black get 2PP. Am I understand it right?

- When yellow move the troop, is it have +2 movement (from God Speed and Giant Scorpion) and can teleport from obelisk (from Teleport), or not? Also when red player move the troop, can it destroy 2 enemy unit before battle (from Initiative)?

- When this troop win a battle as defender. No matter what player take control and play his/her combat + DI cards, the troop alway have VP (thank to Defensive Victory). Right? And when the corrupted troop attack this troop, if it win as defender, is it have VP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls