Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone play with the "defcon doesnt matter for realignments" rule? If so, why do you support it?

And about the Space Race, is it used? I could only find one use for it (let me know if there are more), you are tied with your opponent, want to send a card to space track, and you know that your opponents has the card that allows 2 jumps if they are behind on the space race (by him having his hand revealed or some other way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The 2 variants in the rulebook
I'm sure I saw this exact same question asked and answered yesterday...

In short, no and no.

The other "use" for the Space Race variant is if you are the USSR, and you don't think you'll ever reach the "discard one held card ability", and you want to maintain the ability to space dangerous 2 OP cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so, you can only have the latest ability from the space track? I thought it was cumulative, glad I asked again (and seriously i did search before, and now again, and still couldnt find it

ps: I did check the rulebook and it seems to be cumulative

pps: It seems another use is to prevent you from reaching the last level, because if you do so you cant send more cards to space, so in some situations you may want to keep that option open

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have misunderstood. Yes, you can use all abilities unlocked (but you can't use any abilities that your opponent has also reached).

My point was that when you get to the point where you need 3 OPs to advance, but before you reach the discard one held card ability, you are vulnerable to bad 2 OP events in your hand. This is particularly significant for the USSR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I didnt notice the "2op card", I think I never reached the point where I had to send 3Op cards to space

now it all makes sense, including the variant, ahah, I can really imagine people being angry when they succeed the role now, specially IF you actually have 2 2op cards you want to send in this specific turn and you cant because the 1st made you reach that point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even so, you usually want to succeed as much as possible. The VPs are significant, as are the abilities. The earlier you reach "discard one held card", the better, but it's quite difficult to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah Ben, just got what you said, I did post this twice, just noticed now.. it seemed like I got an error and didnt think the 1st went ahead, since the other has more responces I'll try to delete this one and copy your response there. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls