United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

WOOOHOOOOOO! See here.
(and do spread it around if you're inclined)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odysseus X
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very exciting. I am looking forward to the game a lot. And once again, the artwork is out of this world (or of this world?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar daros
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic art work!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Engine builder game? Color me intrigued! I always thought this would a minor deviation of Evolution!

But I will anyway be buying it on the art style alone - Similar to what I did with Evolution, which I love to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zerth
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
It is I.
badge
The blade will not exist if it is taken from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is literally the highest priority on my wait/wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Engine builder game? Color me intrigued! I always thought this would a minor deviation of Evolution!

But I will anyway be buying it on the art style alone - Similar to what I did with Evolution, which I love to play.

I'm just a random outsider, but I played a playtest copy on the weekend and it was certainly a very different game.

bodysize + population + eaten food have all been combined!
I won't try and fully explain, but it's kinda like just whatever you eat adds to your population, which sometimes protects you like body-size did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

I'm just a random outsider, but I played a playtest copy on the weekend and it was certainly a very different game.

bodysize + population + eaten food have all been combined!
I won't try and fully explain, but it's kinda like just whatever you eat adds to your population, which sometimes protects you like body-size did.

Thanks! Do you consider it deeper or more shallow than Evolution: Climate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started looking into this game so no idea, but if Oceans isn’t deeper than something is wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

I'd argue that every Evolution game is an engine builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
probablemagic wrote:
Just started looking into this game so no idea, but if Oceans isn’t deeper than something is wrong

You wouldn't believe how hard it has been to lay off the puns for this project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Van Gestel
Belgium
Wilrijk - Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more biology themed games the better! deffinately if the preview looks this awesome meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Thanks! Do you consider it deeper or more shallow than Evolution: Climate?

I see what you did there! *Rimshot*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

To some extent yes, but in that case even Monopoly and Chess are engine builders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

To some extent yes, but in that case even Monopoly and Chess are engine builders...

It's an engine-builder where your engine can be devoured by hungry predators
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

Not at all. In Evolution, you're trying to set up your species with traits such that they can continue to survive and eat. Often your engine gets messed up, but the person who can most reliably feed and grow their species (which seems to me like building the best engine) wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zerth
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
It is I.
badge
The blade will not exist if it is taken from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Not at all. In Evolution, you're trying to set up your species with traits such that they can continue to survive and eat. Often your engine gets messed up, but the person who can most reliably feed and grow their species (which seems to me like building the best engine) wins.

Yes and no. The person who knows not only how to build a good engine but also the timing of when to change, strengthen or even completely sacrifice the engine wins. Often, your engines are valid only for 2 turns. This constant adaption to change is not something you see in the so-called "engine building games", in those, your engine is just growing and growing and the games usually punish you severely if you need to bring something down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kissgg wrote:
MD1616 wrote:

Yes and no. The person who knows not only how to build a good engine but also the timing of when to change, strengthen or even completely sacrifice the engine wins. Often, your engines are valid only for 2 turns. This constant adaption to change is not something you see in the so-called "engine building games", in those, your engine is just growing and growing and the games usually punish you severely if you need to bring something down.

Yep. This is how I think of it. Ecosystems don't "grow" along a monotonic curve, so neither should the ecosystem in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.