Subject: best/recommended scenarios (balanced?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: I Can Has Cheezburger?Microbadge: Heroes of Normandie - Dust Tactics fanMicrobadge: Mad MenMicrobadge: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations on which scenarios represent the best of the series/most exciting/balanced. With kids and such, I don't have much time to for gaming anymore and want to get the most of limited gaming get togethers.

I have all the expansions so am open to any suggestion. They just never got to the table due to our initial poor experience with the game when we tried the first few scenarios. maybe it was learning as it was our first CNC game, but it was a slog and we did not enjoy it.

However since then we've played nearly all of Borg's CNC sets and love all of them -- ok maybe not the abaddon game. So we're not looking for beginner/intro scenarios but those that are worth trying out to revisit the game.

thanks for any suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross T
Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gamer DadMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG poster
It's all subjective of course but I find the Scottish Wars scenarios are popular choices, especially Dupplin Moor and Neville's Cross. In terms of balance, it can be a challenge for the Scots in both scenarios, but it helps to have clearly defined roles for each player (i.e. one player fires as many arrows as they can while other desperately tries to close to melee range). Best part is the medieval lore rules which I personally prefer over the original war council rules. You may want to keep the Dwarves in the scenario or substitute them for conventional units, which is what we do. Fantasy units are great but we like to keep them out of the historical stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Level 13 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Some while ago we were running BattleLore VASSAL tournaments, and the match results are still on the BGG Guild

The Scottish War scenarios for this tournament the Win/Loss record for the Scots.

44A Stirling Bridge: 3-2
45A Falkirk: 1-3
46A Bannockburn: 2-2
47A Dupplin Moor: 0-3
48A Neville's Cross: 1-2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: I Can Has Cheezburger?Microbadge: Heroes of Normandie - Dust Tactics fanMicrobadge: Mad MenMicrobadge: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Great! Thanks, we'll start with those.

I'll check out the tourney threads to see if I can glean any more reco's from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls