GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,840 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Badass Force» Forums » News

Subject: How to YIPPEE-KI-PLAY? (part 1) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello Badasses from all over the world,

As I am a little lazy, I compiled the publications we made recently on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BadassForce/) and I enhanced them with some more explosive comments. just like Michael Bay would do.

So, what is Badass Force?

Badass Force will be the second game of designer Ghislain Masson, who’s previous title was “Not Alone.” This design came before he began to working on “Not Alone.” So one could say that this is his first game. His love for 80's action movies inspired and drew him into this total madness. And we only pushed him a little further, even though he said, “don’t push me!”

Before talking about the game, a little word about the amazing illustrations from Anthony Geoffroy. (https://www.instagram.com/anthony_geoffroy/) His work gave life to our game and we really hope you will like it as much as we do !

And now, I will try to train you on the basic mechanisms of Badass Force.

Badass Force is a bluffing game with a strong “Action Movie” theme.
But it is also a game with a lot of tactics and opportunism.

You will probably need 2 or 3 plays before getting all the subtleties related to the powers of the Action Stars and their weapons. But do not worry, we are here to help!

The game can be played with 3 to 7 players, (the sensations are radically different at the two extreme) within a 25 to 45 minute time frame (shorter than your average 80’s Action Film Blockbuster).

The goal of the game is to be the first to reach 16 points on the Badassometer.
There is no player elimination : instead, you come back, with a vengeance !

At the beginning of the game, everybody possess the same 7 characters. And everybody has a weapon and may use it (that’s very bad, we know).
A good thing to know : you gain points by killing your opponent's characters (that’s also bad, but fun in this game).

Note : There are quite a lot of methods to kill your opponent's characters: use a power, shoot at them, make their weapon explode, challenge a bluff with success, being wrongly challenged by an opponent...

Players will choose 1 character from the roster of Stars in their hand and place it face down in front of themselves : this is their active character and it’s called their “Badass.”
During the game, every player will always have a Badass in front of them.

We’ll choose a first player with a secret method that we cannot reveal just yet. And beginning with that first player, every player will get the chance to play, one at the time, in a clockwise order until there’s a winner.

On your turn, you’ll have 2 actions and will be able to do a lot of things…

Ha-ha (or insert villainous cackle here). Suspense until the next article. “Stick around” and “I’ll be back” with some more Yippee Ki-Play

If you have any question on the gameplay, the theme, or the origin of the project, feel free to ask!

Hasta la vista Badasses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jm le rhum
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
enfin une date.
merci
moi je pledge c'est sur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JMLERHUM wrote:
enfin une date.
merci
moi je pledge c'est sur

La meilleure façon de rester à jour est de suivre sur Facebook ... À moins que vous n'aimiez pas FB. Je vais essayer de vous tenir au courant ici.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jm le rhum
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
j'aime pas facebook

mais j'ai tester le jeu 2 années de suite, a "Paris est Ludique"
et avec mes potes on l'attend avec impatience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this at Essen and only at the end I realized that the designer of this was the same of Not Alone (that I love) and I have to say it was lots of fun, better than what I was expecting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Rhein-Main-Gebiet
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a chance for a german version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Lewandowski
France
flag msg tools
publisher
LuziferXIII wrote:
Is there a chance for a german version?

For the moment we have nothing planned for a german version.
Maybe in the future, if the campaign goes well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas C
msg tools
Guys, we need 15 more like to unlock the social stretchgoal of the campaign, even if you are not a pledger now ( you should seriously think about becoming one ), can you like this page to help us !?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.