Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kemet: Seth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Seth's "Corrupt a Troop" action question and further rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitris Siagkas
msg tools
Hi Jacques and Guillaume,

I tried to read every post in the rulings thread to answer my questions about the "Kemet-Seth" rules, and most issues I had have been resolved. However I have one question regarding troop corruption. Let's consider the following example:

Seth places a Red action token on the "Corrupt a Troop" action. He then chooses to corrupt a troop containing both Red and Green units.

According to your clarifications, the only NON-battle tiles that will affect the corrupted troop in this case are those bought by the Red player. So, if the Green player has "Initiative", it will not be activated if the corrupted troop engages into battle.

However, when it comes to Battle Tiles, there are two contradicting answers:

a) In one thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2041410/several-rules-quest...), in answering question 18.d, Guillaume says that "Prescience" is treated the same as "Initiative", meaning that in our case, if the Green player has the Battle Tile "Prescience", it will not be activated.

b) However, in a second thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2089692/seth-corrupt-troop-...), Guillaume says that the corrupted troop is affected by all the Alliance Battle Tiles, which means that in our case, if the Green player has "Prescience", it can be activated normally.

Which one is it, a) or b)? I am more inclined to believe b) is correct, since it is in accordance with the rules for mixed troops, but I just wanted to clarify.

Some more questions that came up while I was typing:

1) Are corrupted troops blocked by any walls? If so, in our case, is the corrupted troop blocked by the Red player's walls, the Green player's walls, both or none?

2) Can a troop be corrupted while inside players' city districts?

3) What about the Alliance troops and walls? Is a pure Green troop blocked by the Red player's walls?

4) When Seth uses the "Corrupt a Creature" action, plays the battle card that adds troops and his troops survive, does the creature remain with the troop or does it return to its tile? (I'm guessing the answer is it returns, it's just stuck in my head )

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the only thread I could find asking about Walls, so one more:

Can an Alliance mixed troop invade Seth's city in a single action from a distance even without Open Gates tech? (Player A uses his action to move the troop through the now open Portal and stops at Seth's City Walls. Player B now uses his action to move the mixed troop into Seth's City?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Luxor Vorpal wrote:
Hi Jacques and Guillaume,

Hi Luxor Vorpal

Quote:
I tried to read every post in the rulings thread to answer my questions about the "Kemet-Seth" rules, and most issues I had have been resolved. However I have one question regarding troop corruption. Let's consider the following example:

Seth places a Red action token on the "Corrupt a Troop" action. He then chooses to corrupt a troop containing both Red and Green units.

According to your clarifications, the only NON-battle tiles that will affect the corrupted troop in this case are those bought by the Red player. So, if the Green player has "Initiative", it will not be activated if the corrupted troop engages into battle.

However, when it comes to Battle Tiles, there are two contradicting answers:

a) In one thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2041410/several-rules-quest...), in answering question 18.d, Guillaume says that "Prescience" is treated the same as "Initiative", meaning that in our case, if the Green player has the Battle Tile "Prescience", it will not be activated.

b) However, in a second thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2089692/seth-corrupt-troop-...), Guillaume says that the corrupted troop is affected by all the Alliance Battle Tiles, which means that in our case, if the Green player has "Prescience", it can be activated normally.

Which one is it, a) or b)? I am more inclined to believe b) is correct, since it is in accordance with the rules for mixed troops, but I just wanted to clarify.

the b) answer is the good answer. I think Guillaume answered a little too fast, shame on him !!!

we will edit a) answer to avoid confusion.
Thanks for noticing it.

Quote:
Some more questions that came up while I was typing:

1) Are corrupted troops blocked by any walls? If so, in our case, is the corrupted troop blocked by the Red player's walls, the Green player's walls, both or none?

Players of the community are considered as friendly units. Troops are not blocked by walls of its members.

Quote:
2) Can a troop be corrupted while inside players' city districts?

Yes.

Quote:
3) What about the Alliance troops and walls? Is a pure Green troop blocked by the Red player's walls?

No. For the same reasons as in 1)

Quote:
4) When Seth uses the "Corrupt a Creature" action, plays the battle card that adds troops and his troops survive, does the creature remain with the troop or does it return to its tile? (I'm guessing the answer is it returns, it's just stuck in my head )

Yes, you're right. It's a one shot attack, creature return to its tile and the units, if they are still alive stay in play.

Quote:
Thank you in advance!

We thank you for the interest in the game.

Have fun playing

Jacques
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
This was the only thread I could find asking about Walls, so one more:

Can an Alliance mixed troop invade Seth's city in a single action from a distance even without Open Gates tech? (Player A uses his action to move the troop through the now open Portal and stops at Seth's City Walls. Player B now uses his action to move the mixed troop into Seth's City?)

Hi brokasaphasia,

Yes, this move would be legal (of course, if A and B have units in the troop),..

Have fun playing,

Jacques.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jacques! I played once so far and the Alliance won at the end of Day 4 (or maybe it was Day 5). Seth had 7 VP and would have easily won with just 1 more action. The Alliance played REALLY well and I suspect Seth (me) could have beat them if I had played slightly better.

Perfectly balanced! Congratulations on making such a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
Thank you Jacques! I played once so far and the Alliance won at the end of Day 4 (or maybe it was Day 5). Seth had 7 VP and would have easily won with just 1 more action. The Alliance played REALLY well and I suspect Seth (me) could have beat them if I had played slightly better.

Perfectly balanced! Congratulations on making such a fun game!

Thank you brokasaphasia,

we (Guillaume and me) appreciate.

Very happy you enjoyed this expansion.

Jacques
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls