Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Thompsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm assuming, due to a problem we had with a late-campaign haunt, that the family crest tokens were intended to be blank on one side? The ones in my box show the crest on both sides of the token, which presented a problem with our specific haunt as we were supposed to turn them over so that the crest was initially a mystery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure which haunt you are referring to but my Crest Tokens are double sided (no blank sides!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dthompsen wrote:
So I'm assuming, due to a problem we had with a late-campaign haunt, that the family crest tokens were intended to be blank on one side? The ones in my box show the crest on both sides of the token, which presented a problem with our specific haunt as we were supposed to turn them over so that the crest was initially a mystery.

Yes. The crests were supposed to be one-sided and the error slipped through. The designers and writers have gone through the haunts and we believe all the haunts will work with the current tokens, although you lose some elements of surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thompsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the late haunt in question, we were able to fix the problem and preserve the mystery by substituting some of the numbered tokens that were not visible face down and making a chart (5=green, 6=yellow, etc.) Preserved the haunt just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Cohen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You could try applying sticker paper (if you have it on hand) to the back side of each crest token - this is the method I use, and it works well.

Or sharpie the back side of each token black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone knows of some small plastic sleeves I can put the crests in please let us know. Opaque on one side would be best but I can slip some paper in there to cover one side. I would prefer to play the haunt as intended without permanently modifying the crests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dthompsen wrote:
For the late haunt in question, we were able to fix the problem and preserve the mystery by substituting some of the numbered tokens that were not visible face down and making a chart (5=green, 6=yellow, etc.) Preserved the haunt just fine.

This is kind of the method we used, we just placed the crest tokens on the number track and used those numbers face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Esteban-Garcia
msg tools
Or you could put the tokens in a bag and draw one like you do letter tiles in Scrabble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We drew them secretly and covered them with an item pile token so it was covered and we couldn't see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.