Subject: Look what happened last night!!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary F
United States
flag msg tools
will clean house for game night
mbmbmbmbmb
My two teen sons aren't interested in board gaming anymore. The eldest, 17, has sworn he may never play a board game again. So I backed off asking them for the last few years.

But last night the 17 yo asked to play a game, and we pulled out Tales of the Arabian Nights, which he had never played before. One of his complaints was that he never wins (so true when adults are playing). Thus "Tales" because there is very little strategy, a lot of luck, and the game is so fun that you don't care much who wins.

We played for 2.5 hours (not finished yet) and we all had such a great time!!! What a beautiful way to spend a cold winter's evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel G.
Germany
Bestwig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great, hope you'll have a good time with the game and that your kid might ask you to play again some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi G
msg tools
So there is hope for my family yet! I have a 7 year old who "isn't the kind of girl who plays games" (yes that's a direct quote). My husband and I (like most parents) would love to share our hobby with her, but she has no interest, so we don't push...or even ask any more. Congrats on a fun night with the kid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.