GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,228 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Founders of Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule book inconsistencies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there.
Currently working through the rulebook and I found some strange things...

1)
The setup says every player gets action cards in his or her colour... but they all have the same colour, don’t they?
2)
Game play structure says players will mostly play a call to work card but there is none in existence
3)
Rulebook says you don’t pay yourself points when scoring but the example on the next page says you do. Not that it matters, but it’s inconsistent.

Are there more of these?
Cheers
Andreas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct. I think youre probably victim of a run-on sentence or something.

2) All the cards are Call to Work cards with the exception of the single Call to Vote per player. It’s a category, not a specific card.

3) I think it’s more that it’s immaterial whether you say you’re paying yourself or not paying for the constituent resources you use.

It’s not a very precisely written rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Gołowkow
Poland
Gliwice
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dunnagh wrote:
Hey there.
Currently working through the rulebook and I found some strange things...

1)
The setup says every player gets action cards in his or her colour... but they all have the same colour, don’t they?

Before (and during) the Kickstarter each player had his own color of cards.
After adding all the kickstarter unlocked bling (basically all the wood in faction colours) it didn't seem to make sense to add extra sets of cards to match the wood. Instead, the cards were made all in the same neutral colour. But that fact was not reflected in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CardBoard Bear

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
just wait that you read that sentence on who decides ties when voting prestige buildings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one:
Important Reminder says: "Whenever a player builds or imports a resource tile they do not already own, they increase their income track by one"

Now, you can import (and immediately claim) other players resources (or neutral resources). You will not own them (I presume), but nevertheless you imported them. I dont think this will lead to an increase of the income track, correct?

And a question:
The rulebook doesnt say much about the placement of prestige buildings. Can I place them just anywhere (within their wanted terrain)? Example: Can I place one prestige building adjacent to another prestige building or to my/my opponents buildings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the income track only reflects resource you own.

AFAIK, the only prestige building placement rule is that it must have at least one square on the appropriate terrain type. (Save for the Gatehouses and Ghost Fortress which have specific locations).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, thats what I thought. Then I´ll add it to my list of rules the rulebook gives out less than clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.