4 Posts

Axis & Allies & Zombies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confusion about Phase 2: Zombies Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hendrik Thiel
Germany
flag msg tools
The rules state the following: "On a result of (D), you remove one of your combat units from that territory." Now, in our first game, Russia was defended only by British troops. When the Soviet turn began, should we have rolled for Russia, even if there are no Soviet troops there? On the other hand, if there would have been one Soviet artillery, and the zombies rolled two (D)s, would one additional Allied unit be eaten?

If this is not the case, and as the rules are written (or I understand them), friendly units would be save in phase 2 in allied regions, but that strikes me as strange and not fitting with the theme. Hope one of you can clarify that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Sandston
VA
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Microbadge: 2020 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Playtester / Prototype fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: I support my local game shop
Since zombie attacks are rolled by the active player only in territories that he/she controls, units belonging to an ally would indeed be safe if only the active players units were targeted. This doesn't really make sense, as you say. I believe the answer is that the Multinational Forces rules (page 18 of the Rulebook) are applied in such cases, and the players involved must choose casualties from among the units present.

The only wrinkle in this is that if the players can't decide, the attacker decides. Since there is no attacking player, I believe the player rolling the zombie dice (the active player) should decide in such cases, giving him/her the "home field advantage". I will try to get this clarified in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik Thiel
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you. Where can the FAQ be found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Sandston
VA
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Microbadge: 2020 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Playtester / Prototype fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: I support my local game shop
It's still in progress, and not yet available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls