BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: Game recommendation with "negotiation" aspect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Mauritz
msg tools
Hi,

I have two kids. 10y, 8y old

I am looking for a board game which have a negotiation aspect.

Something like "republic of rome" but shorter and easier.

Please give me recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Bohnanza: Constant bartering. A favorite of my kids.

Catan: Venerable "oldie" that has trading of resources and can be played by an 8-year old.

Sheriff of Nottingham: Bluffing and bartering.

Between Two Cities: Semi-cooperative game in which you have to negotiate with both your neighbors where to place each ones buildings.

Pick Picknic: Negotiate with the other players how to share the "loot" or roll dice to fight it out. Probably the most kid-friendly one of the games I suggest here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Hatecraft

Grand Forks
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmb
A few games like Modern Art and Chinatown come to my mind but, given the ages of the kids, I think this list is much better. You could also do, dare I say it, Monopoly - the negotiation game most of us played when we were their age

odie73 wrote:

Bohnanza: Constant bartering. A favorite of my kids.

Catan: Venerable "oldie" that has trading of resources and can be played by an 8-year old.

Sheriff of Nottingham: Bluffing and bartering.

Between Two Cities: Semi-cooperative game in which you have to negotiate with both your neighbors where to place each ones buildings.

Pick Picknic: Negotiate with the other players how to share the "loot" or roll dice to fight it out. Probably the most kid-friendly one of the games I suggest here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Warriors & Traders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawk Strike
msg tools
mb
So ... not Diplomacy, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.