Bobby T
United States
flag msg tools
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." - John Muir
badge
“And now," cried Felix, "let the wild rumpus start!”
mbmbmbmbmb
Everdell: Bellfaire and Everdell: Spirecrest were recently announced and will be launching on Tuesday (Sept. 17th). Bellfaire ups the player count to 6 and adds player powers, whereas Spirecrest seems to add variety and some special critters.

They might finally get me to back, especially if the collector's edition is up for another reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moore
Germany
March
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwml wrote:
jwml wrote:
repairmanjack wrote:
I guess it's been mentioned by now but I just wanted to do a little cheerleading for Donning the Purple: Votes & Virtue expansion. The base game is available too, and it was one of the best games I played in 2018. It's still in regular rotation and I highly recommend it.

I hope it does gangbusters for them this time around.
I really enjoy the game as well, and backed. But do you have a clear notion of what the expansion adds for solo play? We won't use the General role or the heir board. So I think it will be the new Senate phase (which I haven't seen in action) and extra plot and event cards. As it is 42 euro including shipping, I am having some doubts if it's worth it for me. If I just want to support the designer (which I do) I could also throw 10 euro in the PnP level.

So, have you seen some gameplay or review of the solo play of the expansion?
Okay, I am stupid. The rule book and all new cards for the expansion are available as download from the KS page. So it is not hard to find out what it will add for solo players. In my case, not enough to pay 40 euro. I switched to the PnP level. I am happy with the base game that I've got and can try the senate phase with my self made crappy components then.

Sorry, I completely missed your earlier question. I haven't seen anything that particularly struck as essential - other than more cards for the decks, something I do think the base game would benefit from, given my frequency of playing it. It's not a game that needs to be made more complex, but I'm interested to see how it'll handle a solo senate phase.

Glad to see it doing so well, the base game is a gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW van der Meulen
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsession: Upstairs, Downstairs (and the second edition of base game Obsession) is live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
nobody has spoken on this thread for two days! I thought it got deleted or something surprise

Edit: I am very tempted for Donning the Purple, but after seeing the solo game not so much. It seems as a multi I'd really enjoy it though.
Yep good period for my wallet. First time I have not pledged for a continuous period of 3 months for 2 years or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
BSLBobby wrote:
Everdell: Bellfaire and Everdell: Spirecrest were recently announced and will be launching on Tuesday (Sept. 17th). Bellfaire ups the player count to 6 and adds player powers, whereas Spirecrest seems to add variety and some special critters.

They might finally get me to back, especially if the collector's edition is up for another reprint.

I remember the first expansion being highly expensive for the amount of components, I wonder if that will be the case again. Not that I intend to back, but I'm curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
BSLBobby wrote:

I remember the first expansion being highly expensive for the amount of components, I wonder if that will be the case again. Not that I intend to back, but I'm curious.
Yeah, wondering if it's worth for pure solo considering the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW van der Meulen
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective: City of Angels – Smoke and Mirrors is live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwml wrote:
Tough 48 hours stretch goal but we can make it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gaki wrote:
jwml wrote:
Tough 48 hours stretch goal but we can make it !

It's halfway through already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've been debating whether to bring this up, but throwing caution to the wind: has anyone here been tracking the alleged union-busting allegations coming out of Kickstarter over the last few days? (There's a good rundown here.)

I don't want to drag us too far down the rabbit hole, but frankly these allegations are making me reconsider whether I want to continue backing on the platform. I'm not the world's biggest backer, but a number of the projects I have backed I have learned about through this thread, so I wanted to share this in case it would affect anyone else's thinking.

Again, apologies if this is inappropriate - if people would prefer that I delete this post, please just let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murjani1 wrote:
So, I've been debating whether to bring this up, but throwing caution to the wind: has anyone here been tracking the alleged union-busting allegations coming out of Kickstarter over the last few days? (There's a good rundown here.)

I don't want to drag us too far down the rabbit hole, but frankly these allegations are making me reconsider whether I want to continue backing on the platform. I'm not the world's biggest backer, but a number of the projects I have backed I have learned about through this thread, so I wanted to share this in case it would affect anyone else's thinking.

Again, apologies if this is inappropriate - if people would prefer that I delete this post, please just let me know.

I think you did well to post this here, so people can read about the issue and decide for themselves.

It would be better if further discussion about this was moved to a new thread, however, as it is a sensitive topic and can easily cause dispute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
murjani1 wrote:

I think you did well to post this here, so people can read about the issue and decide for themselves.

It would be better if further discussion about this was moved to a new thread, however, as it is a sensitive topic and can easily cause dispute.
Here's a great place for that discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murjani1 wrote:

I can't read without Slate stealing my data to make money out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Welcome to Internet !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gaki wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
BSLBobby wrote:

Yeah, wondering if it's worth for pure solo considering the price.

In general Everdell felt expensive all around. I haven't even managed to play Pearlbrook yet - I had to put it back in the box unplayed after setting it up due to needing to use my table to catch up on work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
murjani1 wrote:

According to a reddit comment you can go via this link:

https://outline.com/rcHHJt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gaki wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Welcome to Internet !

It's not just the Internet. Have you welcomed Linky already?

Anyway. RGPD is supposed to kill that kind of practices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:

Thank you!

I think I didn't understand a word of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solar Storm is on and plays solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

On its 14th day already!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

On its 14th day already!!

Yeah I didn't see it on the opening post Maybe it was mentioned earlier though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
murjani1 wrote:

Also a BBC story here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murjani1 wrote:
has anyone here been tracking the alleged union-busting allegations coming out of Kickstarter over the last few days?

Interesting that an RPG called 10 Workers United has just funded on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manchukuo

and

A Universal Truth have launched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions to Everdell are live as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  166 , 167 , 168 , 169 , 170  Next »  [182] |