Mr Gaki
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
The expansions to Everdell are live as well.
be careful, no friendly shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Tatu
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:

Everdell is a game I have a very, very hard time to resist. It gets worse with each of their Kickstarters. I mean, if the theme was farming, or Steampunk, or a dystopian society, or whatever, it would be an easy pass. But these Woodland critters! These adorable meeples! Argh! Why, why did they have to make the game so painfully cute?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerbique wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Everdell is a game I have a very, very hard time to resist. It gets worse with each of their Kickstarters. I mean, if the theme was farming, or Steampunk, or a dystopian society, or whatever, it would be an easy pass. But these Woodland critters! These adorable meeples! Argh! Why, why did they have to make the game so painfully cute?

If it can help you I think it's bland and nothing new, with a tree that is a hindrance more than a gameplay helper. Classic set collection/worker placement, more eye-candy than anything.
If you want anthropomorphic animals, Dale of Merchants/Dawn of Peacemakers/Lands of Galzyr does it better.
IMnotsoHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
Canada
Clearview
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
Manchukuo

and

A Universal Truth have launched.

No shipping outside of USA for A Universal Truth Super bummed, I was looking forward to that one!

Manchukuo looks cool though, cheers for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
This is my world now... A dichotomy of order and chaos, just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerbique wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Easy to skip.

Game Salute and Dan Yarrington.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madslaust wrote:
Zerbique wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Easy to skip.

That too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:

Geez, just got Pearlbrook recently and haven't even had a chance to play it yet. This will be part of my next rant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Tatu
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madslaust wrote:
Easy to skip.

Could you provide a short explanation? I didn't quite understand the issue, nor how does it relate to Everdell.

Anyway, I went to read the review on Razoupaf's website (the one by Titi, no idea who is Titi) and the game bore me through this review alone. Not for me! Super cute and nearly irresistible, but not for me! I should be content with my game of Root I guess (and I can easily be content with that game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titan is on (and looks like a cheese wheel laugh).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madslaust wrote:
Zerbique wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Easy to skip.

Though if you didn't know the history, the imprint Everdell has been released under has done a great job with quality and delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinruns262 wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Geez, just got Pearlbrook recently and haven't even had a chance to play it yet. This will be part of my next rant.

And Pearlbrook hit kickstarter so close to backers getting Everdell. I really wish they'd spread these out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerbique wrote:
madslaust wrote:
Easy to skip.

Could you provide a short explanation? I didn't quite understand the issue, nor how does it relate to Everdell.

Anyway, I went to read the review on Razoupaf's website (the one by Titi, no idea who is Titi) and the game bore me through this review alone. Not for me! Super cute and nearly irresistible, but not for me! I should be content with my game of Root I guess (and I can easily be content with that game).

Game Salute: A Cautionary Tale
Game Salute’s Dan Yarrington found guilty of Breach of Contract
Game Salute Announces Launch of Three New Imprints (Starling Games is a new shell company)
Re: How long does it take SMG to fulfill an order to the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madslaust wrote:
Zerbique wrote:
madslaust wrote:
Easy to skip.

Game Salute Announces Launch of Three New Imprints (Starling Games is a new shell company)

Just a note on ShipNaked - as of earlier this year they aren't associated with Game Salute any longer. Funagain now owns that part of the company. The saga with SMG though was while they were part of Game Salute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
madslaust wrote:
Zerbique wrote:
madslaust wrote:
Easy to skip.

Just a note on ShipNaked - as of earlier this year they aren't associated with Game Salute any longer. Funagain now owns that part of the company. The saga with SMG though was while they were part of Game Salute.
That is correct.

I forgot to add to my earlier list the one that upsets me the most: Tabletop Tycoon lays off whole VPG creative team

It's funny how, while they don't have a publisher page on BGG, Tabletop Tycoon advertises all the imprints under Game Salute and don't even say when the name changed. It's almost as good as the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox and let this get back to KS stuff.

Manchukuo looks pretty sweet, and I appreciate the thought the designer put into representing such a sensitive topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerbique wrote:
madslaust wrote:
Easy to skip.

Titi is
Millié Thierry
France
flag msg tools

Guest writer and regular gaming partner, who likes worker placement, knows that I dislike them, and keeps on making me play them laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moonflight is on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil C
Wales
North Wales
flag msg tools
mb
Manchukuo solo rules have been posted to the files section if anyone was interested:
SOLO MODE Rules Manual (EN - Prototype Edition v1.4)

It's not an automa, so not for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philjc wrote:

Interesting, since the reverse would be true for me (it's an automaton, so not for me ^^ )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaya B
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that W. Eric Martin's BGG News article from 9/16 features a photo of me playing Rome & Roll at Gen Con. I'm even wearing my gray 1PG T-shirt! ...Though you can't see the logo because the angle is wrong and my hair is covering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yedo: Deluxe Master Setsolo mode explained. I thought this was really interesting! For ppl on the fence here you go:

Ladies and Gentlemen!

As you know, work on the Solo Mode has been going on since before the project launched. We’ve not been too forthcoming with the details, as we wanted to make sure we can work as many of the Stretch Goals in as possible, and Stretch Goals are… still happening! However, we’ve been getting many questions, and we want to bring you some information.

All of this is still hot, straight out of the furnace, where Dávid Turczi together with Thomas Vande Ginste and Wolf Plancke are forging the cutting edge of the Solo Mode – which has just gone further, and became playable not only with one player, but also with up to four!

The Plot

Through war and diplomacy, the Shogun has united the land, ruling it with an iron fist. The Emperor himself looks upon his former friend, now wicked and power-hungry, as his throne becomes no more than a golden cage, his power crumbling.

Now, it has come to the unthinkable. The Emperor asks you – nay! – he commands you to do his bidding, and to act as defenders of tradition and justice. You know what you must do. There is no other way.

The Shogun must die.

The Goal

As you may have figured out by now, there is one way to win the game: you must kill the Shogun – and consolidate power to hand it back to the Emperor. To do this, each player will have to reach a certain Prestige threshold, and make sure that at least one player succeeds at the Kill the Shogun Mission. Only if you reach these goals together, Japan will once be safe – and all of you will rest easy, knowing that you have done your duty to the Emperor.

The Basics

As many of you may know, the Solo (and now Cooperative) Mode uses two special new decks of cards.

Large cards are known as Emperor Cards, and they come in three difficulty levels: the easy green, the challenging yellow and the hard red. When setting up the game, you can select your difficulty, and the game can grow in challenge, as you grow in skill. These cards will limit what you can acquire in the Bidding Phase, depending on how much you bid before revealing a new Emperor Card, and create negative and positive events that influence each human player at the table. They will also provide challenges which can be completed in order to shield the players from the cards’ negative effects (like allowing the automated Shogun to move first next round).

The regular cards are known as Daimyo cards. The whole deck is always used in every Solo and Cooperative game to simulate the movement of automated Disciples, influences the Watch Patrol (unless players want a more predictable game), and allow the automated Disciples to perform Actions.

The Contents

The Solo Module itself will come with approximately 30 Emperor Cards (Lardge Cards, same size as the Missions), and about 7 Daimyo Cards (Regular Cards, same size as Actions, Events and Bonuses). These numbers may still change – but not by much.

Each of the cards is multi-use, as they provide different functionalities, and interact with different elements of the game. Most content will be compatible with the Solo and Cooperative Modes, with the exception of Hard Interaction cards (although it is not impossible to play using them – players simply want to work together).

We hope you’ve enjoyed this quick run through the basics of the Solo and Cooperative mode. As always, if you have comments or questions, we’ll be happy to answer.

Have a great day!

Błażej
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philjc wrote:
Manchukuo solo rules have been posted to the files section if anyone was interested:
SOLO MODE Rules Manual (EN - Prototype Edition v1.4)

Two recent favorites of mine, Blackout Hong Kong and Snowdonia don't have an Automa. I don't always need to feel like I'm playing against an opponent.

I think I'm going to go for Mancukuo. It looks so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s funny, when I started solo gaming, I was completely happy playing two handed against myself. That moved to preferring automas, but not really into beat your own score. Now I think I actually prefer byos over automas, probably mainly from the lack of overhead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trogdor The Burninator
Canada
Ladysmith
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
All of this is still hot, straight out of the furnace,...forging the cutting edge of the Solo Mode

In other words, he's stating that Solo Mode is 'Half-baked'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Code 3 ever get mentioned? Looks interesting. $45 + shipping.
Quote:
Code 3 is a cooperative, story-driven, 80s-themed crime fighting game. Can you save your city from badly-named mob bosses, fear-inducing serial killers, a rising crime rate, and a police Chief that isn’t always your friend? These officers may have 99 problems, but crime ain’t one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Did Code 3 ever get mentioned? Looks interesting. $45 + shipping.
Quote:
Code 3 is a cooperative, story-driven, 80s-themed crime fighting game. Can you save your city from badly-named mob bosses, fear-inducing serial killers, a rising crime rate, and a police Chief that isn’t always your friend? These officers may have 99 problems, but crime ain’t one.

I’m backing for now. IMO, the artwork and graphic design look a bit amateurish, but the game play looks like the game that I wanted Brook City to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  167 , 168 , 169 , 170 , 171  Next »  [184] |