United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
Citanul wrote:

The Dead Eye

I asked if we could have two versions of the cards in the box: a deck that requires the 3D glasses, and a regular one. They said no, just the anaglyphic ones. So I will most likely not back in the end, as I can't stand the ridiculousness of playing with funny glasses on...

Anaglyph 3d doesn't work for me. Polarized stereoscopic barely does.

Shame, game sounded neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
omega_player wrote:
Citanul wrote:

The Dead Eye

I asked if we could have two versions of the cards in the box: a deck that requires the 3D glasses, and a regular one. They said no, just the anaglyphic ones. So I will most likely not back in the end, as I can't stand the ridiculousness of playing with funny glasses on...

Anaglyph 3d doesn't work for me. Polarized stereoscopic barely does.

Shame, game sounded neat.

It's worked for me but it definitely wasn't fantastic. In fact it's quite cheap and looks quite bad, I'd never purchase anything featuring it that's for sure, it didn't leave a favorable impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
Polarized stereoscopic barely does.

Is that the one used in the recent spate of 3D films (I guess it's not so recent, now)? It just gives me a headache.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
briezee wrote:

Is that the one used in the recent spate of 3D films (I guess it's not so recent, now)? It just gives me a headache.

After a quick search it's the one from the 80s with a green and a red drawing (and so: glass on the glasses).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
briezee wrote:

After a quick search it's the one from the 80s with a green and a red drawing (and so: glass on the glasses).

Ah. I kind of thought that but then my search for anaglyphic 3D suggested that's what that is. Maybe it's just the colours that are different?

Edit: Nope. My own search for polarized stereoscopic suggests it is the headache inducing one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
briezee wrote:

Ah. I kind of thought that but then my search for anaglyphic 3D suggested that's what that is. Maybe it's just the colours that are different?

Edit: Nope. My own search for polarized stereoscopic suggests it is the headache inducing one.
Polarized has a bigger risk of bleed from the wrong image due to tilting your head, but for me they both would induce a headache as the trouble is being unable to focus correctly, which is worsened by moving images (movies).

Back on topic: IIRC the use of glasses is thematic for Dead Eye as the distorted view is how the world looks like without glasses/protection.

The cards should be readable without the glasses, so you can play without them, but the art won't look as nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:

Back on topic: IIRC the use of glasses is thematic for Dead Eye as the distorted view is how the world looks like without glasses/protection.

The cards should be readable without the glasses, so you can play without them, but the art won't look as nice.

I understand the thematic purpose, but we have to consider the practical side of this as well.

Perhaps you'd wear the glasses in the first couple of games. After that, I assume you'd just want to play it as a normal card game. The gimmick would wear off, and you'd be left with the annoying blurriness.

The designer says the cards work perfectly without the glasses. But do they? I hope so, because I like the artwork, but I'm not convinced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
The4thJawa wrote:

I understand the thematic purpose, but we have to consider the practical side of this as well.

Perhaps you'd wear the glasses in the first couple of games. After that, I assume you'd just want to play it as a normal card game. The gimmick would wear off, and you'd be left with the annoying blurriness.

The designer says the cards work perfectly without the glasses. But do they? I hope so, because I like the artwork, but I'm not convinced.

While the required icons and the text boxes aren't done stereoscopic, it should be playable. And it looks like they did take that in consideration.

But I do find the red/green distracting when not using the glasses, making me focus on the wrong parts of the card. So I'm not convinced either. A lot will depend on gameplay and price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd have to be a real killer for me to even consider because these cards, without glasses, may be the ugliest thing I've ever seen on this website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Full S
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
It'd have to be a real killer for me to even consider because these cards, without glasses, may be the ugliest thing I've ever seen on this website.
Damn, I knew I should have waited for the special 3D edition of Dungeon Degenerates...

(I even kind of like it without glasses as a weird glitchy aesthetic, although I wouldn't want to play a long game that way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting a pre migraine just looking at those. Super nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have a few drinks, it'll offset the cards and everything will look just fine. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

Have a few drinks, it'll offset the cards and everything will look just fine. cool

I'm not into drinking games.

(probably no surprise to some people here, but I am not interested in the game above because of the theme and because of the art)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agramore wrote:

I find them a little dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
agramore wrote:

I find them a little dry.

Add more vermouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
briezee wrote:

Anaglyph are the red/blue ones. Polarized are the ones used currently in 3d movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just added a few more games to the list:

Colonize!

Dragon Stories

Fabled

Ngā Moana: Oceans

Welded Iron

Ascendancy

Chiseled

The Melt

Guild of the Fallen

Scoria
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:

Dragon Stories

This gets a serious look from me on theme alone. My best friend and I both collect dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Dragon Stories

This gets a serious look from me on theme alone. My best friend and I both collect dragons.

How many do you have and what are their ages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Dragon Stories

I believe their previous KS project was 'dreeples' (dragon meeples).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was starting to go through thread withdrawals. Thanks for the activity. There so much I'm intrigued by that I know about, I'm afraid to click on any of these games I haven't heard about!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
I was starting to go through thread withdrawals.

laugh Me too!

typo360 wrote:
Thanks for the activity. There so much I'm intrigued by that I know about, I'm afraid to click on any of these games I haven't heard about!

Click away, there's not enough info available on any of them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Dragon Stories

It does sound interesting (and dragons are cool ), but this line in the description makes me wonder:
Quote:
Ultimately though, if players do not figure out how to work together, the impending evil will take over the land.
Does it mean a solo player will have to play "multi-handed"? I wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agramore wrote:

Quote:
Ultimately though, if players do not figure out how to work together, the impending evil will take over the land.
Does it mean a solo player will have to play "multi-handed"? I wonder.

That doesn't overly bug me as I play several coops multihanded. But it could definitely be a deal breaker for some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
omega_player wrote:

Dragon Stories

Is there a particular series figures, or do you collect anything,,or what? I love dragons, but there's so many different portrayals, many of which are really generic, or there's nothing special about . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [186] |