Subject: Haunt 34 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Martens
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quick question, now that we are done with 34. Does the Traitor take damage from the traps? IT says the traitor doesn't take damage from tile effects, however, you flip the trap when the traitor is on the tile, so it would seem yes. Also, If the traitor dies, to said traps, there's nothing that really relates to it in the bleak journal.

SpZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin P
msg tools
Tile effects refer to effects printed ona tile such as “if you end your turn here, take 1 mental damage” The traitor is immune to those. The trap is something you have placed and does effect the traitor. I’m not familiar with that haunt so perhaps someone else will clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Neff
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Spazze wrote:
Quick question, now that we are done with 34. Does the Traitor take damage from the traps? IT says the traitor doesn't take damage from tile effects, however, you flip the trap when the traitor is on the tile, so it would seem yes. Also, If the traitor dies, to said traps, there's nothing that really relates to it in the bleak journal.

SpZ

The traitor is effected by traps. The traitor's tome says:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
"Each Trap has a different effect when a player (including the traitor) enters or begins their turn on the tile"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Colwell
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
We played through this chapter over the weekend, and we all wondered if we played this haunt correctly.

The question we had was:

Are traps a one time only effect? Or once a trap has been sprung do they continue to act on players whenever they enter those tiles?

We played it to where the traps were on going, meaning they weren't just a one and done sort of situation. Was that the correct way to play this?

Also, we had to look up what in the world a Pukwudgie was... lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The traps stay on the tiles in this haunt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dont know if that was the point but in our game, the traps were so harsh and impossible to navigate that the heroes had no chance. The traitor was able to set up a gauntlet of traps in a dead end corridor that it was impossible to survive them. One character managed to get to the end with all stats at critical just to be portaled to another location. If the traps were one use only, it would have been fair but in our game, all the heroes died very quickly to them. The other haunts were fair and competitive but this one was slanted so much in favor of the traitor and pugwudkie that it seemed unfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin R
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cwsmith95 wrote:
Dont know if that was the point but in our game, the traps were so harsh and impossible to navigate that the heroes had no chance. The traitor was able to set up a gauntlet of traps in a dead end corridor that it was impossible to survive them. One character managed to get to the end with all stats at critical just to be portaled to another location. If the traps were one use only, it would have been fair but in our game, all the heroes died very quickly to them. The other haunts were fair and competitive but this one was slanted so much in favor of the traitor and pugwudkie that it seemed unfair.

That's interesting. As traitor, I had a hard time, but I was going for the seal the pukwudgie victory. I can see how it would be easier trying to kill everyone since the traps are quite powerful.

I peeked at the kill all heroes victory entry in the Bleak Journal -
did your traitor succeed in the roll at the end or did they die as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Colwell

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

In our play of the haunt, the heroes had the easiest time, since the traitor never had time to lay out a single trap.

5-player game:
1st hero Stuns Pukwudgie and gets evidence.

2nd hero (me) moves (Deed to the House) to Pukwudgie, Stuns and gets evidence, then moves to tile with traitor and 1st hero, Gets Talisman, and Holds a Trial. 4 dice (Knowledge) + 5 to the roll (Talisman/Evidence/Scholar) + Helm reroll got a successful accusation.

The only real reason the traitor didn't lose before his first turn is because the 3rd and 4th heroes were too far away to get to the traitor to attempt the Hanging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Johnson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure I "broke" this chapter with luck and coincidence. I finished a helm row that increased the trait most advantageous for the traitor. Then I initiated the haunt and by chance became the traitor. I won the game on my first turn after the haunt started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.