Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's that time of the year again, when I post threads like this, holding on to dear hope in that this game gets an expansion in 2019. I absolutely love it, but wish for more content and variety!

I know a digital expansion is in works or some such, but anything planned for physical release?

Has anyone heard anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a thread somewhere with prototype cards from the expansion that we on display at Essen. My understanding is that it's planned for this year, but that kind of thing is always up in the air.

Edit https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2083654/photos-all-age-and-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE also had a demo at BGG.Con. The CGE rep said they hoped to release the cardboard and digital version simultaneously by Q1 2019. But, you know, timelines are slippery, so take that for what you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolczynski
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SWxNW wrote:
CGE also had a demo at BGG.Con. The CGE rep said they hoped to release the cardboard and digital version simultaneously by Q1 2019. But, you know, timelines are slippery, so take that for what you will.
I asked the CGE rep at PAXU and he said the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last week, I've noticed two Non CGE people note that they are testing the app (presumably some form of Beta). So the testing is expanding which is a good sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject: Expansion hopes for 2019?

It gets done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel CastaniƩ
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,

I also have a secundary question : do you think they will release a "complete story of Civilization" box ? (with base game + expansion, I mean)

Regards,

E.

PS : hope they will integrate the Spanish Sagrada Familia, the idea is just so FUNNY ! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
"Smart" Phones Killed the Internet
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlikely with the announced expansion, which is just a few cards, which can be easily stored in the original base game box anyway. There are a few wonders and leaders, and some randomiser cards to put into the deck, so you know in advance, which cards will come up in the game, but not when, just like in the base game. It might even be, that the expansion would be released in a zip bag rather then a cardboard box. Would not mind at all, see no need for a box.

I was told in Essen as well, that they are planning to release in 2019, also in physical form. And yes, I'm looking very much forward to that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jablonovsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
publisher
Microbadge: Game DesignerMicrobadge: ZX Spectrum fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages - Albert EinsteinMicrobadge: Pictomania fan
hi guys,

short answers are:
- expansion is planned for 2019, Q1 is maybe too soon I think
- expansion will include new leaders and wonders cards
- also, a few new military cards -- we are just testing some of them
(so, ... it's growing a bit beyond what we expected at first)
- expansion will include also some rebalanced versions of original cards
- you will be able to play with 1) original cards, 2) rebalanced cards, 3) expansion cards, or 4) mix of expansion+rebalanced
- no Sagrada Familia yet -- but there's Gaudi and he's one of my favorites
- no "complete story of Civilization" box planned for now

We playtested also during holidays and we will balance the cards -- this will take a few iterations and possibly a few months total. There are some new cards yet to be tested, but the majority of cards are in a good shape.

thanks for your support, stay tuned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New cards beside wonders and leaders, wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van der Valk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Social GamerMicrobadge: I store my game boxes flatMicrobadge: Deep Games fanMicrobadge: I Store Game Boxes On Their SideMicrobadge: Solitaire Gamer

That'll be quite some testing, to make those cards work in all those configurations... good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel CastaniƩ
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

Thanks for your quick answers, Matthias and David.

Moreover, thank you for this only good stuff !!! More than wonders/leaders, Gaudi , now "complete" so I can get my box now, etc. WHAT ELSE ?!? arrrh

Kind regards (and good luck with the tests !),

E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Can we have more female leaders in the expansion, please? I always thought that Joan of Arc "there is only one woman throughout history who was important" was pretty sad. James Cook's ability, for instance, could just as easily have been given to Queen Elizabeth I.

Signed, a gamer who likes to play games with his daughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceGee wrote:
Can we have more female leaders in the expansion, please? I always thought that Joan of Arc "there is only one woman throughout history who was important" was pretty sad. James Cook's ability, for instance, could just as easily have been given to Queen Elizabeth I.

Signed, a gamer who likes to play games with his daughter.
This time there will be more female leaders: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2083654/photos-all-age-and-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Would love some official teasers. Even the Essen reveal was done by a fan, not by CGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls