Hide
4 Posts

Kemet: Seth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Divine Wound vs Ambush power tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skander S
msg tools
If one player in a battle has ambush and the other has divine wound, which one has to be used first and why? Are there any rules about resolving simultaneous effects in general (e.g, 'active/attacking player decides order')?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
RadiantRabbit wrote:
If one player in a battle has ambush and the other has divine wound, which one has to be used first and why? Are there any rules about resolving simultaneous effects in general (e.g, 'active/attacking player decides order')?
I'd like to know the answer to that too. Also, I'd like to include Prescience to the mix. Without an answer, I intend to use the rule for the divine intervention card Tactical Choice as the rules for precedence. In other words, "attacker resolves first".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge de Grandes
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Exactly, the rule for Tactical Choice says:

Quote:
If both players play this Divine Intervention card in the same Battle, the attacker resolves the effect first.

Since the Kemet rulebook does not specify the order in which Battle cards, DI cards, and Power Tiles are resolved, I would always go with "the attacker goes first". If the same player has both powers (Ambush/Tactical Choice and Divine Wound), he can resolve them in any order.

Prescience happens when choosing Battle cards, not during Battle resolution, so it will always go first regardless of the other powers. The FAQ on this power is whether to also reveal the discarded Battle card if you agreed to play with these face down before starting the game. I'd say the discarded Battle card remains a secret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skander S
msg tools
Could we get a reply from the designers since the order of priority is still unclear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls