3 Posts

Kemet: Seth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused by new moving limit and Ta-seti stuff. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zhang
China
flag msg tools
Guys, really can't find any playthrough video, so please help me figure this out, thx!

1. The number of units in one area is not limited, but when a war is over, the losing player must leave that area in any way, so there is no such thing as two troops co-existing in one area peacefully. In addition to the game Setup, the maximum number of units in a city district is 5, so even if the rulebook only says that there are maximum of 5 units in a troop instead of a space, I still thought that makes no big difference.
But with Seth expansion, it seems to be clearer that there is no limit to the number of units in a space itself, instead, an troop can have up to five units in one space.
That’s ok, I can understand that.
But in the description of Seth’s Corrupting a Troop action, it says that “Seth can move a troop containing at least one unit of the player whose action token he uses.”
I’m confused here. Let’s say that there is 3 yellow units and 4 black ones in one space. Seth uses a black token to do a Corrupting a Troop action, can he move 3 yellow and 3 black units as a “troop” (Seth has a Troop Limit of 6 units and 1 creature)?
I think he can’t because a troop should be a group of units of a same color.
If I’m right, why “at least one unit of the player whose action token he uses” rather than “a troop the same color of the action token he uses”?
Is this the problem caused by my English level?

2. By playing with Ta-seti expansion also, which module does the rule book specifically mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severijn De Wilde
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was reading the rules myself yesterday. Here's my take on these items:
1. The limit of troops and creatures is still 1 troop & 1 creature per area as before. Every troop has up to 5 units as the default for the alliance. The change is that the alliance troop can contain units from different players/colors. During movement, you can move through a territory that contains another alliance troop and pick up/drop off units from either alliance player to create a mixed troop. So, during movement, you can go over the stacking limit in the areas that you are moving through. That said: When you end your movement, you have to respect the 1 troop & 1 creature per area limit again.

So, as an example, I can do this move: I move through two territories to initiate a fight. I start out with 5 blue units, and the first area I am moving through has 5 yellow units and a creature. I pick up a yellow unit and the creature during movement, and drop a blue unit in that area. I enter the final area with 4 blue units, 1 yellow units and a creature.

I believe that the writer only mentioned the "Troops belonging to the alliance are limited to 5 units and 1 creature" line for the alliance because they noted that Seth plays with 6 units and 1 creature earlier.

So to summarize the most important part: You can still only stack 1 troop in an area after any move. The troop itself can consist out of 5 units total belonging to one or more alliance players, and only 1 creature can be attached to the troop. This means that you cannot get in the scenario of having 3 yellow units and 4 black ones in one space, because they would be part of the same troop, and a troop can only contain 5 units in total. It would be possible to have, for example, 2 yellow and 3 black units in one area.

As for corrupting a troop: You can corrupt any troop that has a unit in the color of the action marker that you are placing. This means that if you use the yellow marker, you could take a troop that has 5 yellow units. You could also use it to take a mixed troop that has 2 yellow and 3 black units.

2. I think the book is referring to the Ta-Seti module that introduces new combat cards. Based on the components, it also supports the black pyramids. I am not sure if you could play the Path to Ta Seti module in combination with this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kumpula
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Seth expansion only supports the black pyramids/power tiles and the new combat cards from the Ta-Seti expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls