Subject: When it says Traitor is person with highest speed and tied. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Goodwin
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Good day,arrrh

We had an event happen in our game tonight where the haunt started and it said "The traitor is the player with the highest speed", but in our game there was a tie, and we saw no tiebreaker. We ended up using the family with the highest speed, not current speed. Did we do this right? or is there an official tiebreaker for cases like this?

Thanks
Chuck Ggoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin P
msg tools
Official solution is to take the two tied players family crest and choose one randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moran
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I believe that in the rules it says. If there is a tie for who becomes the traitor you pick one at random using the family crest tokens. Pretty sure that's how you are superposed to do tiebreakers, basically choosing randomly from the tied explorers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Goodwin
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks, guys, I was having a hard time finding the rule that said that. Maybe I'm just getting old :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Würzberg
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
We didn't found any Rule...
We just did a speed roll and the lower was the traitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The crest drawing is indeed in the rule. But in the end this is just: decide randomly. Dice or other artefact can do the deal. Fist fight would also work I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rule is to decide randomly, I think the best way is to do a roll-off for the target trait! If the traitor is "highest speed", have the tied players roll speed and the highest roll "wins". If it were lowest speed, have roll-off and have lowest value win, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El A
msg tools
mbmbmb
The rule mentioned is on page 6, next to the Crest tokens. "If you ever need to break a tie between players, shuffle the Crest tokens face down, then draw one to break the tie."

Having said, since they are mistakenly NOT single sided, it's either a blind draw in a cup for our group, or something which my group does is to use some card-stock and draw each crest/family/color on a card. We keep those extra and onhand for when we need a blind crest draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.