Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lupino
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
so my group of 3 just finished haunt 29. My son was the traitor and my wife and I were heroes. I had been marked and the heroes had the chalice and one corner of hell card...my wife who was critical in sanity searched the a tile with an omen and found our second corner of hell which is our winning condition..2 corners of hell and the chalice....BUT as we read the cards she took 1 sanity damage first which would normally kill her but in this case marked her...and the winning condition of the traitor was to mark both heroes...so we played it that the traitor won...is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say heroes win because the win condition was met as soon as the card was flipped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruby & Karla
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another Haunt 29 clarification, and with how many threads there are, thought I'd just add it here... It's about inhabitants

If the traitor has invoked to bring inhabitants back to life, do the inhabitants move as they normally would when a new tile with their symbol is discovered? Or do they only move on their monster turn, according to their speed roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
I have another Haunt 29 clarification, and with how many threads there are, thought I'd just add it here... It's about inhabitants

If the traitor has invoked to bring inhabitants back to life, do the inhabitants move as they normally would when a new tile with their symbol is discovered? Or do they only move on their monster turn, according to their speed roll?

Looks like this is long past for you, but we just did this tonight, and your question came up.

Since the rulebook says that the inhabitants do move to the new tile, and the haunt doesn't have anything to override that, we presumed that they show up as normal.

Made it inconvenient for me as I had marked one of the heroes and was done with her. She then explored a tile and brought an inhabitant away from their quarry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Spurlock
msg tools
mbmb
We had the same situation come up in our play-through and we asked the same question. Rob's response was the traitor wins and the link to it is below.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2113851/who-wins-if-traitor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.