Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Thanks, Athena. I'm really keen to learn more about Pfister's latest, as I think Blackout was possibly the best thing I played in 2018.

And, being a huge fan of Uwe, nothing slams on the brakes of my enthusiasm more than a play-time of thirty minutes. Nusfjord was great, but it's about as light and slight as I'd want to go.

Hopefully next year brings a new Feast for Odin.

I’m with you on this one. When I play Nusfjord I feel like I have to play a three game campaign, otherwise it’s just so... quick. It’s almost disconcerting the amount of thought I put into such a short game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmm...smoothies. To go with my Chai game. Shoulda also bought Throw Throw Burrito. Dedication to gaming if I aim for food theme in everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to the new Pfister game too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Friedemann Friese: Fire!

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/285554/fire

(I had trouble linking to it)

"The Aliens attack, and only you can defend Earth. Charge your Weapons and destroy all Aliens, before you lose too much energy!

Fire! uses the Fable Game™ system introduced in Fabled Fruit. With the presorted deck of cards and a rules booklet separated in 9 sections, you will discover all 9 challenging Levels step by step. You can reset the game at any time and play it again!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
New Friedemann Friese: Fire!

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/285554/fire

(I had trouble linking to it)

"The Aliens attack, and only you can defend Earth. Charge your Weapons and destroy all Aliens, before you lose too much energy!

Fire! uses the Fable Game™ system introduced in Fabled Fruit. With the presorted deck of cards and a rules booklet separated in 9 sections, you will discover all 9 challenging Levels step by step. You can reset the game at any time and play it again!"

I saw this one today and got excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, You've Been Eaten.: a zero to two players game, according to the description.

In So, You've Been Eaten. the Miner and the Beast will face off against one another. The Miner earns points by collecting Crystals and the Beast earns points by developing Immune Responses and by its Bacteria attacking the Miner.

So, You’ve Been Eaten can be played as:

A game for 2 players, with a Miner player against a Beast player.
A game for 1 player, with the Miner player against a sleeping Beast.
A game for 1 player, with the Beast player against a robot Miner.
A game for 0 players, with a sleeping Beast against a robot Miner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moore
Germany
March
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
"Playin' solitaire 'til dawn, with a deck of fifty-one."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I've been looking for games for zero players on those nights I'm too tired to play.

I'd roll my eyes but they're stinging too much from this redesign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Ah, I've been looking for games for zero players on those nights I'm too tired to play.

In designing the solo AI for his upcoming game Hellenica: Story of Greece, designer Scott DeMers played a zero player game by allowing six AI’s to play each other and the game played itself quite effectively. I think that’s a good sign of a solid AI, maybe it’s the same with So, You've Been Eaten..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Martineau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaking, Stonemaier Games should announce their new game today... Looking forward to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
repairmanjack wrote:

In designing the solo AI for his upcoming game Hellenica: Story of Greece, designer Scott DeMers played a zero player game by allowing six AI’s to play each other and the game played itself quite effectively. I think that’s a good sign of a solid AI, maybe it’s the same with So, You've Been Eaten..

You're right, zero actually means AI against AI.

But even if it works perhaps as a way to learn the game, I couldn't help but roll my tired eyes too. It sounds like a marketing gimmick to attract attention. (And a successful one at that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
So, You've Been Eaten.: a zero to two players game, according to the description.

In So, You've Been Eaten. the Miner and the Beast will face off against one another. The Miner earns points by collecting Crystals and the Beast earns points by developing Immune Responses and by its Bacteria attacking the Miner.

Could we be witnessing the dawning of a new guild - the 0PG or ZPG: Zero Players Guild? Scott Almes will be the Godfather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine all my games playing amongst themselves when I’m not in the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

Which will lead to a movie called Boardgame Story where all of the games come to life when no one is in the room. One of the owner's OOP games gets kidnapped and the other games need to go and save him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
The first real solution to resolving the shelf of shame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moore
Germany
March
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
"Playin' solitaire 'til dawn, with a deck of fifty-one."
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
repairmanjack wrote:

In fairness, I can't wait to get my hands on Hellenica. Went all-in on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
typo360 wrote:
The first real solution to resolving the shelf of shame?

That would be great. You could leave them a to-do list - okay folks, today I'd like to see these two games play each other at least once, twice if possible. And don't forget to write up session reports and ZPGOYT posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stonemaier Games has been teasing an announcement today, crossing my fingers it’s Jamey’s long awaited civ game. We’ll know for sure later today, but I’m looking forward to another Automa Factory AI.

Stonemaier Blog Post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:

The title alone grabs me. Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Stonemaier Games has been teasing an announcement today, crossing my fingers it’s Jamey’s long awaited civ game. We’ll know for sure later today, but I’m looking forward to another Automa Factory AI.

Stonemaier Blog Post
Just got the Champions email and Jamey's going live on FB in a few minutes...

Quote:
New Game Announcement: Tapestry

Tapestry (aka "Codename Clay") is a civilization game designed by Jamey Stegmaier (1-5 players; 90-120 mins). We'll unveil details about Tapestry over the next 2 weeks via this page on our website, the Facebook group for the game, and BoardGameGeek.

The Tapestry preorder (early September) will be available to everyone. It features friendly shipping to people in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia/NZ. You don't need to be a Stonemaier Champion to order from us, but if you want to support our content and get free (US) or discounted (international) shipping, now is a great time to look into the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Martineau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tapestry bgg page created!

MAJBrown22 wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Stonemaier Blog Post

Quote:

Tapestry (aka "Codename Clay") is a civilization game designed by Jamey Stegmaier (1-5 players; 90-120 mins). We'll unveil details about Tapestry over the next 2 weeks via this page on our website, the Facebook group for the game, and BoardGameGeek.

The Tapestry preorder (early September) will be available to everyone. It features friendly shipping to people in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia/NZ. You don't need to be a Stonemaier Champion to order from us, but if you want to support our content and get free (US) or discounted (international) shipping, now is a great time to look into the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martis08 wrote:
Tapestry bgg page created!

MAJBrown22 wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Stonemaier Blog Post

Quote:

Solo mode from Automa Factory confirmed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Maracaibo sneaking up the hotness and gave it a look. Lo and behold, it’s a solo friendly Alexander Pfister title!

AlexP wrote:
It has a solo mode. And I enjoy it very much, e.g. lost against a "skillful and courageous explorer" the other day. It's an automa - with not much handling (no tracking of money, swords etc.). But you have to react on him, so if he is an explorer (you don't know at the start of the game), you have to do some too even if this does not fit into your plans.

AlexP wrote:
It even has a big campaign mode Approx. 10 chapters with each one bringing new tiles or removing old tiles from the game. A lot to explore!
But of course you can also play without campaign/story mode.

It’s releasing at Essen and will be available for preorder through Capstone Games at the end of this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philjc wrote:

Is this the previously mentioned Civ game?...

Now that everyone had a chance to check the videos out. What are you thoughts on the game?

I’m pretty unsure, price should be high, the minis seem to bloat, the revolves around 4 tracks, making the map looks fun, the fact that you can play “advanced” cards seems interesting, thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the arc of the scoring turns which and tracks. That immediately reminders me of Russian Railroads, which is such a great game. It also reminds me a bit of Gaia Project.

I definitely want to play this so I think I'm going to pre-order it. I'm confident this will be a very good game so if it's not up my alley, I'll be able to sell it on with a small loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  Next »  [16] |