Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an alarm set for 10:30am EDT for the Tapestry preorder. Anyone else taking a break from work around that same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I have an alarm set for 10:30am EDT for the Tapestry preorder. Anyone else taking a break from work around that same time?
It's my weekly day off (to take care of my daughter), but I do have an alarm set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbus wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
It's my weekly day off (to take care of my daughter), but I do have an alarm set.

Pre orders aren’t limited and the social media etc will be all over it! No way anyone forgets it lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moore
Germany
March
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I looked at the main forum page for it today to gather a few thoughts, and couldn't understand why the game had a low BGG rating. I made the mistake of clicking on it to find out.

Jesus, people really are a bunch of nubbins outside the solo community. Bill Hicks once said we're a virus with shoes. Having looked at the comments section for Tapestry, I'd add those shoes are bloody Crocs.

Peasant fluff, the lot of 'em. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I looked at the main forum page for it today to gather a few thoughts, and couldn't understand why the game had a low BGG rating. I made the mistake of clicking on it to find out.

Jesus, people really are a bunch of nubbins outside the solo community. Bill Hicks once said we're a virus with shoes. Having looked at the comments section for Tapestry, I'd add those shoes are bloody Crocs.

Peasant fluff, the lot of 'em. shake
Yeah, it's quite bizarre that over 150 people are involved in some ratings war over a game that hasn't even been released yet.

I hope Stegmaier's next game will be a roll-and-write legacy game with mini's of characters from Star Wars battling Lord of the Rings characters. That might set the world on fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
Canada
Clearview
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:

Haha wow, you aren't kidding, I just browsed through one thread but good grief. I think my favourite part was at the end when somebody directly insulted Jamey and he responded fairly reasonably (IMO of course), then a post commending Jamey for taking the high road immediately followed by an "antagonstic" post removed by a mod laugh

heart u 1PG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbus wrote:
That might set the world on fire.

If it did happen, I predict nuclear war....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuhns, party of four!
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Hmm, thinking about it! What’s the price going to be? And this ordering is done on the Stonemaier site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davekuhns wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Hmm, thinking about it! What’s the price going to be? And this ordering is done on the Stonemaier site?
No price yet, but I’m guessing it’s going to be around $100-$110. It will go live on the Stonemaier web store this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
davekuhns wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

No price yet, but I’m guessing it’s going to be around $100-$110. It will go live on the Stonemaier web store this morning.
Jamey just confirmed the preorder price will be $79.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbus wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
davekuhns wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Really ???? That’s actually a price I’m ok to take the plunge (depending on shipping)

I went to the ratings! Man... ppl... just suck... and I have high regards of the boardgame community (comparing to the MtG community). The internet is a bleesing that is turning into a curse at lightning fast speed. I witnessed it being born and I’m actualy scared to let my kids in front of a computer in a near future (oldest is 3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
Robbus wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
davekuhns wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Really ???? That’s actually a price I’m ok to take the plunge (depending on shipping)

I went to the ratings! Man... ppl... just suck... and I have high regards of the boardgame community (comparing to the MtG community). The internet is a bleesing that is turning into a curse at lightning fast speed. I witnessed it being born and I’m actualy scared to let my kids in front of a computer in a near future (oldest is 3)

Says the guy with the "innocent" avatar. ;-) whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went with the preorder too, nice price and I know I won't be able to get it cheaper at a local shop, so might as well get it now laugh

I never thought of looking at the ratings, crazy stuff... I don't usually trust BGG ratings anyway, prefer to look at a few reviews from people that have similar tastes to mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
Jhonyb wrote:
Robbus wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
davekuhns wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Says the guy with the "innocent" avatar. ;-) whistle

Hahahahahahahhahahahahhaahh

At least here it’s blurred I have other forums that it isn’t

Tapestry pre ordered! 92€ shipped to Portugal! I won’t get it for less then 100€ in Portugal I’m 100% sure!
If I end up not liking it I bet I’ll find a buyer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo exalts Tapestry!
Top10 material. I do prefer regular users reviews to paid promotions! By the end of September there should be plenty of feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
Robbus wrote:
That might set the world on fire.

If it did happen, I predict nuclear war....

🎶🎶I don't want to set the world on fire🎶🎶
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei V
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Folks, have you seen Armata Strigoi?
This game came out of nowhere and can be purchased in Powerwolf official web-shop

Looks like it will be presented in Essen as well...
Can the game like that be any good? I mean, these days you hear about a title in development long before it hits the shelves... Also the fact that it is sold in a fan shop of a metal band... But hey, might be a positive surprise...?

Its a coop, btw, so should be playable solo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Pobuda
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will happily keep my PNP copy of Tapestry I have from Automa playtesting. The published game looks to me too much overproduced for what it does. I mean, I like the Automa implementation, but I happened to not like the core game itself to justify the purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
budkin wrote:
I will happily keep my PNP copy of Tapestry I have from Automa playtesting. The published game looks to me too much overproduced for what it does. I mean, I like the Automa implementation, but I happened to not like the core game itself to justify the purchase.
That sounds like my main concern. I like the look of the automa implementation, but I'm unsure I'll like the game enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Davidse
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verhoven wrote:
Folks, have you seen Armata Strigoi?
This game came out of nowhere and can be purchased in Powerwolf official web-shop

Looks like it will be presented in Essen as well...
Can the game like that be any good? I mean, these days you hear about a title in development long before it hits the shelves... Also the fact that it is sold in a fan shop of a metal band... But hey, might be a positive surprise...?

Its a coop, btw, so should be playable solo...

I like the band, so the game has piqued my interest. From what I remember of the rules (the English ones needed to be reuploaded so they aren't currently available), the gameplay involves playing cards which control how the characters move, and the goal is to fight monsters until eventually you're able to take on the two bosses. So it seems like it's not too heavy a game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it does make sense considering that their target market would be the band's fans, who aren't all going to be board gamers.

The description on the game page does say that players being forbidden from sharing details about their cards, but I don't think it would break the game to play multi-handed solo. And since there is scaling involved based on the number of players, it may just be possible to play as one character, although there being two bosses might make the game too difficult to play that way.

I do have some doubts about its replayability as it looks like you're basically going to be doing the same thing every time, and while the characters apparently have different abilities, they might not be sufficiently different to change how subsequent plays feel. It looks like it's a modular map, so that does add some variety although I don't know how much.

I'm keeping an eye on it as it does look like effort has gone into making a decent game, so it's more than just an attempt to make money out of fans. But I'd definitely want some more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:
budkin wrote:
That sounds like my main concern. I like the look of the automa implementation, but I'm unsure I'll like the game enough.

I pre-ordered but it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to just resell the game if I don't like it or get tired of it. Sell it for $40 + shipping, done. Think of it as a short term rental. $40 to play with nice components for 15+ hours seems like a good deal to me.

That's pretty much how I look at any of my solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
budkin wrote:

Ditto.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A whole lot of retail releases that I haven't had time to post here at a leisurely pace:

From Gregory M. Smith and Compass Games

Interceptor Ace: Daylight Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44

Amerika Bomber: Evil Queen of the Skies

Expansions

Dark Souls: The Card Game – Seekers of Humanity Expansion

Unearth: The Lost Tribe

Dice Settlers: Western Sea

Other

Ni no Kuni II: The Board Game

Masters of Renaissance: Lorenzo Il Magnifico – The Card Game

ClipCut Parks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
I recall liking the looks of Unearth and if it had solo out of the box, chances were that I would already own it. But I doubt the game warrants the costs of both base + expansion 🤔

omega_player wrote:
The Horizon Zero Dawn: The Board Game kickstarter campaign assured I won't even consider retail games from Steamforged Games Ltd..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:
omega_player wrote:
I recall liking the looks of Unearth and if it had solo out of the box, chances were that I would already own it. But I doubt the game warrants the costs of both base + expansion 🤔
Will let you know, mine arrives today! I have the original game and thoroughly enjoy it. It’s got a unique look and fun, quick gameplay - I’m really looking forward to the solo mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  Next »  [16] |