Subject: A post-War scenario for Twilight Struggle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanuel KERN
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,
After the two Variants posted on Boardgamegeek in 2017, we are proud to propose today a "Post-War" scenario for Twilight Struggle which tries to depict the 1990-2000 decade. The rules are the same as those in the base game, with some exceptions specified in the attached Instructions.
This is not an official GMT scenario, and GMT provides no official or unofficial endorsement of this variant.
For this "Post War" scenario, we had to revisit the events of the decade 1990-2000, without betraying the concepts and atmosphere of Twilight Struggle. We hope to have achieved this by introducing new events and the "political variable" of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).

The scenario lasts 4 Turns (5 including the optional cards) and the files are available here in French language and here in English language.

We hope you will enjoy playing this scenario as much as we had in designing and testing it.

Emmanuel Kern and Aurélien Violon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Benito Richards
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for providing this, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a look and I'm really impressed. I just need to get those parts printed and find an opponent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
This looks really interesting thanks for posting. As someone with Lithuanian heritage I do wonder what the ‘Baltic States Invaded’ card is meant to represent though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrian2 wrote:
This looks really interesting thanks for posting. As someone with Lithuanian heritage I do wonder what the ‘Baltic States Invaded’ card is meant to represent though?
There's a description of the event in the "Short Description" file:

Quote:
BALTIC STATES INVADED (36-PW) The three Baltic countries (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia), independent after the 1st World War, then forcibly integrated into the USSR in 1940, are the first Soviet republics where a generalized protest emerged in the early 1990s. Consultations were held showing the Baltic mobilization for independence (more than 70% of voters). The strategic buildings of the three capitals were then stormed by Soviet Special Forces, causing several civilian casualties. The failure of Moscow's coup in August 1991 - in which the communist conservatives fail to regain control - allowed the Baltic states to declare their political independence, which many Western countries hasten to recognize. Having lost any room for maneuver, Moscow recognized their independence on 4 September 1991, three months before the Soviet Union disappeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for you reply. The term invasion confused me since although Lithuania declared independence in 1990 Soviet troops and the KGB were still located in the country. Baltic independence was still very uncertain. I’ve heard the events of January 1991 in Lithuania referred to as ‘Soviet aggression’ but not ‘invasion’. I do think your card puts the focus on Soviet actions rather than the heroics of the Baltic people. Still having said that it’s great to see it included in your variant and interesting to see how you’ve done it differently to the game 1989.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a disclaimer, I'm not involved in the project But I'm sure the OP will take note. "Occupation of the Baltic States" could work, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls