Subject: Otherworld curse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chin Bin Hsu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The curses read: "How to get rid of it:... become the traitor, or die,..."

We are confused by this, what happens if there are no traitors or the haunt has not begun?
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You get rid of curses in one of three ways:

End your turn outside
Become the traitor
Die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chin Bin Hsu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Oh,my....
thanks for replying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW ENDICOTT
msg tools
This is the crux of a disagreement in my group. When you end your turn in the outer worlds don't you return to the outside realms? So the curse automatically ends at the end of your turn because you end up in the outside realms? Please clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RobDaviau wrote:
You get rid of curses in one of three ways:

End your turn outside
Become the traitor
Die

Hi Rob, I have a question regarding getting rid of curses on an outside tile.

example: If I enter the otherworlds from an outside tile and end my turn on a curse, do I get rid of the curse upon returning back to my original tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Elliott
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattMan20xx wrote:
This is the crux of a disagreement in my group. When you end your turn in the outer worlds don't you return to the outside realms? So the curse automatically ends at the end of your turn because you end up in the outside realms? Please clarify.

When you end your turn in the outside realm, you go back to the tile you entered from. To remove any effects of a card you collected, you need to go outside the house. Upper floor, ground floor and basement regions are not outside.

That's how we have played it. If not, there is no penalty as you would lose the card as soon as you returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buck
msg tools
DiRTY8SUPER wrote:
MattMan20xx wrote:

When you end your turn in the outside realm, you go back to the tile you entered from. To remove any effects of a card you collected, you need to go outside the house. Upper floor, ground floor and basement regions are not outside.

That's how we have played it. If not, there is no penalty as you would lose the card as soon as you returned.

Except that there is a chance of having Otherworlds Gates being outside. Meaning you end your turn in the Otherworlds and EXIT the Otherworlds onto an outside tile..
I think you misunderstood the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.