Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Do the alliance players still get to 8 battle cards? Would Seth get to use 8 as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Yes and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Blaszczok
msg tools
mbmbmb
I played Seth against an alliance of 3, who played with Ta-Seti.
I felt like they're gaining lots of benefits, while I'm only getting two more cards and nothing else. Every movement got them an advantage, every round 2x3 movements = 6 Ta-Seti options. Needless to say I was defeated as Seth. My question is, what are the advantages for Seth, when Ta-Seti is used, apart from 8 cards, instead of 6? I did not see many....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alisdair McLeod
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quote:
I felt like they're gaining lots of benefits, while I'm only getting two more cards and nothing else. Every movement got them an advantage, every round 2x3 movements = 6 Ta-Seti options. Needless to say I was defeated as Seth. My question is, what are the advantages for Seth, when Ta-Seti is used, apart from 8 cards, instead of 6? I did not see many....

If you're playing with the Path to Ta Seti, I think that gives Seth an unfair disadvantage, as the alliance can bring in Priests with skills, also boosting their unit count by up to 15 units! Indeed, I'm pretty sure I read on another thread that the designers recommend using ONLY the black power tiles/pyramid from the Ta Seti expansion. Therefore the only time it would be worth even considering using the Path to Ta Seti is if Seth is an expert and the alliance are very inexperienced (or, for social reasons, you want the alliance to win).

It's fair to use the black power tiles as Seth has access to them also. Seth may, for example, buy Dark Ritual, and all of a sudden he can Pray and get 6 Prayer Points Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
revelement wrote:
The Path to Ta Seti is not to be used in a game of Kemet: Seth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls