Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex S
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
In my opinion, Kemet: Seth has enough new things in it, compared to regular Kemet, that it should have an entirely newly written rulebook. At the very least, a new version of the rulebook should be made to correct all of the ambiguous rules and grammatical mistakes.

I'm referring to stuff in the Kemet: Seth rulebook that says something like "such and such is the same as Kemet". Instead of saying that, just spell it out. Write exactly what happens. For example, page 3 has this regarding the night phase: "This phase is identical to Kemet for alliance members". Instead of having that, write out the entirety of the rules for the night phase.

The way that the rulebook is written now, Kemet: Seth seems like it's designed for only experienced Kemet players.

And then there are issues in the rulebook which are unclear or are grammatically incorrect. Many of the ambiguous and confusing things in the rulebook are explained in other threads in this BGG forum. Those issues should be included in a newly written rulebook.

At the very least, the benefit of putting all of the rules for Kemet: Seth in a single rulebook, rather than scattering them in Kemet, Ta-Seti, and Kemet: Seth, would be that the entirety of the rules are in one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While i love kemet in all its glory i can totally understand the frustration. I have yet to read the rules and play the game but my biggest complaint about kemet is that there seems to be all these little "what do i do when..." Questions that come up in the gameplay. I dont remember there being a lot of these but there are some significant questions that have been discussed in the forums here. I honestly havent played with the expansions much but i imagine they cause more disruptions.

I would LOVE a second edition rule book only, one that is done with examples, and that addresses a lot of these what ifs.

As a matter of fact i am willing to help in taking on such a project to help with translation, writing and editing if there was interest in the community, or even if matagot was willing to cooperate with such a project. This game really deserves the special treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weaver
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is not quite what you're looking for probably, but here is a video I made where I read the complete Seth rules aloud and provide some commentary—it's possible that some of the commentaries may help solidify or contextualize it, or you may just find it annoying, but either way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-qIwn8bpWA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.