Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex S
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Some of my questions might be answered in some part of the rules portion of this forum. If so, sorry for repeating a question.

Purple pyramid
1. The purple pyramid is simultaneously in the three regions of Seth's city. If an alliance troop occupies one third of Seth's city:
a. Is it worth a temporary level 4 pyramid victory point to the alliance? I think it would be.
b. Does the alliance get this victory point only if Seth's city is empty of troops? Or, do they get it regardless of whether the other two thirds of Seth's city is occupied by Seth soldiers? In my opinion, the temporary victory point should be given to the alliance if they occupy a single third, regardless of whether other thirds of Seth's city are occupied.

2. Can Seth's troops teleport using the purple pyramid? I think they can.

Units Corruption power tile
3. When Seth steals units from the alliance, where do those units go? To Seth's reserve, or are they immediately available as soldiers in Seth's city? I think they go to the reserve.

The portal to Seth-land
4. Not a question, but judging by the fact that the open portal on Seth's city side is black, then the open portal in the desert should be black too, not brown.

Osiris monster
5. The Osiris monster doesn't belong to any one alliance member it seems. So, when a player buys the Osiris power tile, where does it go?
a. Does it start in the city of the player who bought it, if he has a troop there?
b. If the buyer has no troops in his city, does it go into a city of another alliance member who has a troop in his city?
c. Or, does it go into any alliance member's city as long as it has a troop there. Meaning, if the buyer has a troop in his city, it's not required that Osiris starts there. I think this is the correct answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
United States
Tarrytown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Furious Invasion

The rules say:
Quote:
When using this action Seth can move up to two different troops he controls on the board.
He must respect the rules of movement of each troop and benefits from all the effects that
affect the move / attack action.
Both movements are simultaneous and Seth has to complete them before resolving the
consequences.
If the move generates 2 battles, Seth will choose 2 Combat cards and will assign one to each
battle (he will not discard any cards face down for these 2 battles).
For the alliance, the battle preparation remains identical to Kemet.

It seems to me that with Furious Invasion, the Seth player can make two troops go to the same target location and start a single battle. He can do that because the movement is simultaneous. Troop A has 2 soldiers and Troop B has 3 soldiers, and both of these troops march to a spot with an Alliance troop, and starts a single battle with a 5 soldier troop.

Sounds correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kumpula
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I will try to answer these based on my experience.

1. I think that the purple pyramid does not give (or if it gives it does not matter and thus does not need ruling) temperary VP at all. Seth does nothing with temporary VP and the alliance can get into the city only after The Great Ceremony has been done which is the only thing that benefits from alliance temporary VPs (so the purple pyramid VP is totally meaningless).

2. Purple pyramid can be used to teleport into obelisks as any other pyramid.

3. Units corruption tile puts the corrupted troops into the Seth city (identical to the mercenary tiles in Ta-Seti). You can swap them into Seth troops as long as you have them in reserve (if you hit the purple soldier limit you can swap them back to the colored minis or if its confusing replace them with cubes or something). The point is that they increase the Seth troop limit in the reserve by +3 (identical to the mercenary tiles).

4. The brown color means that the alliance has taken the portal over and it is no longer in Seths controll (in Seths controll it is black). At least thats how I think of it thematically.

5. Osiris goes to any alliance city with troops and the alliance can decide where it goes (if there is no troops in any alliance city it goes to the top of the tile in the Osiris board).

6. Yes, you can combine two troops into single attack with furious invasion action as long as you respect the troop limit.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls