Kemet: Seth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about building sacred temples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke

Newark
New Jersey
msg tools
In the rule book it says "The alliance may only build one level per action phase but may decide to build several sacred temples in the same action phase".

The couple of questions I have:

1. The term phase up until this point was exclusively used for night and day. Does action phase here mean "day phase", "alliance turns" (eg every alliance member taking a turn as shown on the day phase track, or a single action turn of one alliance member.

2. Is that saying I can build 1 level in all three pyramids as long as I meet the other requirements, I just can't pay all the costs and go 2 levels until the next "action phase".

3. Can multiple sacred temples be built on the same space? I don't see where it says you can't but that doesn't seem like something you should be able to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kumpula
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
We played this wrong last weekend and it was a disaster so I looked it up. This expansion really needs an official FAQ as soon as possible! Game is good but rules are poorly written.

1. You can build temples at the start of every alliance phase (so 4 times in total per one day phase).

2. You can build all 3 temples one level every start of an alliance phase but you need the troops to sacrifice. You can never build more than one level per temple per alliance phase.

3. Only one temple can be build in area without an obelisk (you cant build in obelisk areas).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke

Newark
New Jersey
msg tools
Thanks, that's about what I thought though was surprised that the action has to be taken before any player acts. Reading back through that makes sense but I did read it originally as before a player takes their turn (eg player A can take their full turn then player B could build a temple). Again just a rules ambiguity I think would be cleared up by changing the word "one" to "any".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls