Tokaido» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe edition ever coming back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Orangevale
California
flag msg tools
So I never ordered the Deluxe edition because I just assumed it was a permanent edition that I would always be able to go and buy. That doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that it is now out of print, and I can't even find one on ebay or the BGG marketplace. The 5th Anniversary edition is out, but my understanding is that uses the smaller board size which means that the mins won't fit on the board as they did with the deluxe edition.

I'm wondering, is there any news of the deluxe edition coming back? Or possibly a deluxe edition of the 5th Anniversary flavor their printing these days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
On Ebay instead of searching Tokaido Deluxe, search Tokaido collector's edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect Deluxe and Collector's edition are never coming back in print as Funforge had a really rough go at this when they got it produced with endless delays and complaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
you can always hold out for a 10th anniversary edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
fsnam wrote:
I suspect Deluxe and Collector's edition are never coming back in print as Funforge had a really rough go at this when they got it produced with endless delays and complaining.

That's too bad because it's a fantastic game. I missed the Kickstarter but I bought the retail edition and later the deluxe when it was available on Amazon. I also have the expansions and additional minis.

They do plan on reprinting the expansions this year to match the 5th anniversary art design. At least that's what I heard last time I asked them about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not totally related but Funforge is apparently planning to release a new standalone game in the Tokaido universe but it would be a sea route rather than an road that you would be invited to travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
East Longmeadow
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a new unopened in-shrink painted-minis (Samurai) collector's edition that I might consider parting with for an exorbitant amount of money. If you're interested, mail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.