Subject: Any suggestions for alternatives to the door tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like most of this game, however those door tokens are really difficult to use due to how dark they are. It isn’t immediately clear if a door is open or closed. I’ve even thought about creating door standees, but wanted to have your thoughts first.

Unfortunately I didn’t have the foresight to back the 3D terrain KS exclusive upgrade (and its super expensive on eBay).

Does anyone have any suggestions for either alternative tokens or other 3D doors that scale with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kivipõld
Estonia
flag msg tools
Come join us on the facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1387170114714624/

You can find tons of 3D tokens for various game elements there and other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe someone can update the things here I don’t have face book . I don’t have the game yet ! I just read a great review for the game . The reviewer mentioned how bad the doors were even though he gave the game a lot of love ! The door issue seems to be a common problem ! I’m hoping I can use the extra doors I don’t need for sword and sorcery! How many doors will I need ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Schmidt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be able to pick up a set of Zombicide doors. The resident evil add on has 20 doors I believe the Zombicide pack has 27.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice ! I don’t think I will be supporting steam forge after this . Thanks for the tip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wickham
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also good luck finding those zombicide doors. I've been looking everywhere for a good batch of 3d doors with no luck. You can find some of the resident evil ones for around $50 on ebay however. I'm probably just gonna suck it up until someone produces some more 3d doors down the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will just have to pull them from another game . I just wish they would of showed up the tokens before hand . If I knew they were going to be garbage I would of ordered the door . After this game I don’t have to worry about it .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
I just wish they would of showed up the tokens before hand . If I knew they were going to be garbage I would of ordered the door .

Agreed. Why SFG’s quality control thought the dark artwork and glossy tiles/tokens was acceptable I’ll never know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.