Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alon Altman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some inhabitants have an effect "when you discover a tile with [inhabitant symbol] on it". We played it such that effect does not happen the very first time you discover that inhabitant, since the tile was discovered before the inhabitant appeared. Is that a correct interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would think that is not correct.
The inhabitants are in the game already even when not yet discovered. And when you meet the inhabitants you can do the action written on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect happens on all tiles where inhabitants appear, including the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick drago
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a very weird interpretation. It literally says to do the thing when you discover a tile with the inhabitant on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rees
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
defdrago wrote:
This seems like a very weird interpretation. It literally says to do the thing when you discover a tile with the inhabitant on it.

My group played the same way. The thought process was that the effect isn't in play until you've found them the first time, much like you can't use effects on tiles until they've been found. I don't think it's a huge stretch to interpret it that way# but it's good to have some clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.