1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Who is the best TTA player in the world me or petri rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
Several years ago, I believed that I am as good as petri, but still I had no confidence to challenge him to prove it. Now, I am confidently saying that I am the best TTA Player in the world. I welcome all players from the world to challenge me.

If anyone wants to challenge, you can just start a 2p game called "BO19 1" and pick me as your opponent,then our duel starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
Microbadge: My PbF character rocks a bannerMicrobadge: Rockin' the DonutMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: This is not the microbadge you're looking forMicrobadge: Peanuts fan
Is it ok to challenge you just to learn?

P.S You're funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
balzi wrote:
Is it ok to challenge you just to learn?

P.S You're funny!

if you have played less than 300 games, you will learn little from me.
you can just start a game, i am kind to every person who plays with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Doe
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I respect board game designers and all others who dedicate their time to this hobby!
badge
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” -- Dr. Seuss
mbmbmbmb
GaryPan wrote:
Several years ago, I believed that I am as good as petri, but still I had no confidence to challenge him to prove it. Now, I am confidently saying that I am the best TTA Player in the world. I welcome all players from the world to challenge me.
Gary, as a TTA enthusiast, I'd love to see these games (commentary / insights would be a bonus). I'm sure others on the forum would as well. Unfortunately, I don't have an easy solution for how to do that. Maybe somebody else in the forums does?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think you are the best at 2-player TTA or at all player counts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
Benkyo wrote:
Do you think you are the best at 2-player TTA or at all player counts?
no one dare say he is the best in 3p or 4p, only 2p is a fair competition
I am one of the best player in 3p or 4p games
but in 2p games, I am the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gnatbuoy
msg tools
mb
Gary, do you prefer async or blitz games? What about digital or traditional rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Norgren
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
too EZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, why is GaryPan still a New User? Is this a sockpuppet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
gnatbuoy wrote:
Gary, do you prefer async or blitz games? What about digital or traditional rules?
slow game will be proper if you want to challenge me;
if you just want to play with me, blitz game is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
I just registered it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryPan wrote:
I just registered it
My apologies. I forgot that the previous thread was posted by a middleman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Blow
msg tools
Just took a 155-107 beating from Gary! Great aggressive style!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mere existence of this thread amuses me. Gary definitely has an Ivan Drago (from Rocky IV) flair to him...

“I must break you”...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garypan beat me in BGO times, so I'll certainly accept the challenge even though I usually prfer 3/4p. Great for learning duels's intricacies I'm sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwen
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how Gary has thrown down the gauntlet to his opponents!
To make the competitive players happy and to find out if Gary is truly the best of the best, we are preparing Tournament support for TTA app this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tournament support: Amazing news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the curious who might want to see high level of play, here's a Super Blitz that Gary against another top-tier player,

Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZvk7Lc02w

I'm glad to see Gary register on BGG, even if it's only to needle the TtA community a bit.

Welcome to the community, Gary. I hope you might give some insights into the expansion once it's released to the general public (I assume you're a playtester on it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the world's best player, I have a question.

How, in your opinion, does TTA compare to other classic "best player wins" skill games (chess, go etc)?

How much room for creativity is there, or is there always a clear best move? Are there feints and false trails and psych-outs that work in TTA?

In other words, does it move from a tactical challenge dealing with the draw of the cards, to a strategic masterpiece worth investing time into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Doe
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I respect board game designers and all others who dedicate their time to this hobby!
badge
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” -- Dr. Seuss
mbmbmbmb
Elwen wrote:
To make the competitive players happy and to find out if Gary is truly the best of the best, we are preparing Tournament support for TTA app this year!
That's great news! I don't know how much work it would be, but a feature that allows the game to be captured for others to view / comment on after the fact would be fantastic. An ideal version might be a visual on slow-ish animation of each players' turn (the same you see for your opponents when you come back from an asynch game). I suspect it's far more work than is worthwhile, but doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe a simple version would be the ability download/share the complete game log. This would really shine in combination with the Tournament support, so we could all see / comment on the high level play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
SWxNW wrote:
For the curious who might want to see high level of play, here's a Super Blitz that Gary against another top-tier player,

Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZvk7Lc02w

I'm glad to see Gary register on BGG, even if it's only to needle the TtA community a bit.

Welcome to the community, Gary. I hope you might give some insights into the expansion once it's released to the general public (I assume you're a playtester on it).
I will write comments of all expansion cards in detail, but that will be in Chinese, I feel a bit difficult for me to translate them into English, i ‘ll Try for some
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
MrMT wrote:
To the world's best player, I have a question.

How, in your opinion, does TTA compare to other classic "best player wins" skill games (chess, go etc)?

How much room for creativity is there, or is there always a clear best move? Are there feints and false trails and psych-outs that work in TTA?

In other words, does it move from a tactical challenge dealing with the draw of the cards, to a strategic masterpiece worth investing time into?

To many questions, I see TTA as a game conbined with Go and Texas poker, because you should think in the ways as Go, and bet the cards like Texas poker. If you speak Chinese, I will recommend you to read some of my articles, it will help you understand more about TTA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryPan wrote:

To many questions, I see TTA as a game conbined with Go and Texas poker, because you should think in the ways as Go, and bet the cards like Texas poker. If you speak Chinese, I will recommend you to read some of my articles, it will help you understand more about TTA

Can you post a link to your articles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pan
China
flag msg tools
SWxNW wrote:
GaryPan wrote:

Can you post a link to your articles?
there is some advice I write to the noobs recently, I just associate TTA with Go, but these are all in Chinese

其实一直想写一些类似于TTA新手教程一样的东西,但总是不知道从和写起,不过仔细想来或许是对与自己太过于严苛了,其实不论我们去看围棋的教材还是象棋的教材其实都做不到能够让一个啥都不懂的新人完全入门,那TTA又为何要强求呢,思考至此我决定以 我自己的视角写点真正对于新人有用的东西,而不是那些老生常谈的军力至上,或者之前喋喋不休的腐败及手牌管理,亦或是风靡一时的平衡思想,动笔之前或许还有一个困扰我的问题,我是应该一次性写很多然后慢慢放上来呢,还是每写一点就放一点呢?第一种方式的好处是,我至少能保证很长一段时间的按时更新,至少能让追着看的人并不会那么失望,也会少一些再贴吧里催更的人,甚至喷的人(毕竟吧主还没要下来),但是都已写完的东西不放上来,心里也并不是那么舒服,而且这样第一次放上来的时间也会往后推,并且文字的质量也并不会因为分批放送而提高(毕竟是个人行为也没有人审稿);第二种方式的好处是大家看到的都是新鲜的第一手信息(虽然很多人是挖坟看的),当然最大的好处是或许更能够督促我每周都写点东西,或许反而能做的更长久吧。这样看来就决定每周放上最更新,这将会成为狼教授TTA讲座的第一个栏目《狼教授漫谈TTA》,这个栏目里的内容会比较杂,我会把打法,价值判断,胜负判断,卡牌分析等都会放在这个栏目里讲,会用专题的模式来讲,第一个专题就是“TTA入门”。
栏目:《狼教授漫谈TTA》
更新时间:每周三
更新渠道:贴吧和其他可能的渠道
更新形式:文字或许也有些图片
【#周三 狼教授漫谈TTA】新手入门——布局 链接:https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5976255710
【#周三 狼教授漫谈TTA】新手入门——官子 链接:https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5982579336
【#周三 狼教授漫谈TTA】新手入门——战斗 链接:https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5989182837
【#周三 狼教授漫谈TTA】新手入门——手筋 链接:https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5995629908
【#周三 狼教授漫谈TTA】新手入门——定式 链接:https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6002183122
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D.
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you say you are the best player in the world when you are miles away from the number 1 ranking on the app behind LaoHuang?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |