Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: Games to play during a road trip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zgirod
msg tools
For an upcoming 6.5hr road trip we got the kids (5 and 3) those lap trays for kids. Mainly got them for coloring and other activities but got me curious if there were any good games to play.

Does anyone know of any games they think might work for the kids to play by themselves or to play together on a road trip with those lap tray things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Some traditional ideas here (though I guess you can discount pub cricket). At that age, some of the old ones will be ideal (I spy, 20 questions and car bingo, which can be played alongside the other games)

https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-eu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zgirod
msg tools
Thanks, there are some new ones there I hadn't seen before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Thompson
Australia
flag msg tools
Don't be a dick
badge
Your fun isn't wrong
mbmbmbmbmb
We play "storytelller".. our name for a roadtrip RPG that requires no dice or anything.

One person takes on the role of the Storymaster (ie DM/GM), and off we go.

The kids love it, it gets ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lin W

Auckland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smart Games and Think Fun have puzzly games that you could play on a lap tray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Notyou
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so glad to hear there are others who don't just hand their kids some e-device and ignore each other the whole trip (I actually know people like this cry).

But, for those looking, there is also a thread covering this here with some fun ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheramy Turcotte
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
We really like the game ideas in the book “ Gladstone’s Games to Go” some great games that don’t require anything more than a pen and paper at most. A book of dice games with some dice sealed in a Small Tupperware container works well too. Roadside the app offers some great conversation on nearby intriguing (often odd) local sights on your route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Balley
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
We had fun playing a Disney Family Feud game during a recent road trip with our young children. One person had to be the host and read the cards, but otherwise everyone else could just listen and answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.