Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Verduzco
United States
Brownsville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy! I'm looking for a gaming group. I've been one year looking some game stores or gaming groups at work but no luck. Is anyone around Brownsville-Harlingen-McAllen that want to share some boardgames? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Montalvo
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a good size gaming community here. Check out RGv Boarder Gamers on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/799648453454314/?ref=bookmar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be moving to the area in the next month. I’m not very active on Facebook, but did reach out to the group.

I was hosting a weekly group in my home the past several years. I’d be interested in making some friends who enjoy gaming.

My gaming interests are pretty eclectic. I do enjoy heavy economic games (18xx, Splotter, etc) I also love stuff like Eldritch Horror and Kingdom Death. Our group was more inclined to mid-weight Euros like Terraforming Mars, Great Western Trail, Brass. My wife and I do a fair bit of 2p cooperative gaming, like 7th Continent and LOTR LCG.

Feel free to send a PM anyone in the area. I hope that Facebook Group is still active, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Medina
United States
Edinburg
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The Facebook group was extremely active last I knew (I removed myself because I am rarely active and mostly game at a fellow wargamer's house anyway). There are plenty of people in the group and there are definitely members that would enjoy the games that you like! Not many are active here though

Aaron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I applied to join the group, but no response in a couple weeks now. I’ll be moving to the area in about a week.

Any Combat Commander players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Montalvo
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your frustration and getting players to get together can be a bit discouraging but not impossible. It just takes patience and persistence.

We all know we are a secluded group and getting us to a table takes a bit of encouragement. LOL. I should know I help administer the group.

Game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmontalvoj wrote:
I understand your frustration and getting players to get together can be a bit discouraging but not impossible. It just takes patience and persistence.

We all know we are a secluded group and getting us to a table takes a bit of encouragement. LOL. I should know I help administer the group.

Game on!
It looks like I was accepted as a member of the group now. I haven’t posted anything since we haven’t actually moved in yet.

Looking forward to making some contacts with folks who enjoy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Medina
United States
Edinburg
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:

Any Combat Commander players?

Yes, indeed. I own Pacific, and I think Armando owns Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls