Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Canadian trade of 2019.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2019 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2019 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Sunday Jan 20th 1:00 PM EST to Sunday Jan 27th 11:00 PM EST

Want List Submissions: Sunday Jan 27th 11:00 PM EST to Wednesday Jan 30th 11:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. NO gift certificates are permitted for this trade. The intent here is to trade games for games. If you're looking to buy/sell games then go use the BGG marketplace.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

9. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed. Do not try to circumvent the rules as your entries will also be removed.

10. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, Jan 27th, 11:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, Jan 30th, 11:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I go to the OLWLG it has the math trade under no ship, is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ellis
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Thanks Ox, I was hoping you do another, much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Mucho wrote:
When I go to the OLWLG it has the math trade under no ship, is this correct?

I have to edit it manually once it's been added to the OLWLG. It shows as a shipping trade now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one request... I would strongly urge all participants to thoroughly check the condition of the games they list and describe them accurately. I got into a dispute with someone during the last trade bc they admitted that they described the game based on their memory of what the condition of the game was rather than actually checking it. It ended up being inworse condition than he described. I was pretty annoyed by this bc it was a situation that should not have happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Williams
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
Don't let my American badge fool you! I can ship and receive from a Canadian address. Eh.

And thank you Vast for setting this up thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for organizing, Ox! Much appreciated! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Bennett
Canada
Canwood
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SQUEEEE!!!! I have been checking this everyday thinking and hoping there would be another popping up soon. Thanks for organizing all of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Fisher
Canada
flag msg tools
I don't understand. I've added several games but they don't display. But I can't see them on https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi. I don't under stand why. Can someone help me through the steps to see my games that I want to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rifi wrote:
I don't understand. I've added several games but they don't display. But I can't see them on https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi. I don't under stand why. Can someone help me through the steps to see my games that I want to trade.

Olwlg only gets updated when the organizer syncs it up with bgg. This is a manual process. Just be patient and know that Ox will do this when he can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Conrad
Canada
Cypress River
MB
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's my first Math Trade since getting involved in the hobby! Super excited to see if I get a match!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your level of success depends on how realistic your expectations are! If you're hoping to get something brand new that has just come out but arent willing to give up something more or less comparable then i wish you luck im speaking in general, not towards anyone specifically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew N
Canada
Charlottetown
PEI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Your level of success depends on how realistic your expectations are! If you're hoping to get something brand new that has just come out but arent willing to give up something more or less comparable then i wish you luck im speaking in general, not towards anyone specifically.

Any tips? Do you just try and pick as many as possible in trade? I'm just offering one game with an expansion. ($60ish retail)

Honestly I'm not really concerned about the value of the trade as long as it is something I want...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What i mean is, a lot of people seem to list games and then dont even bother trading them for anything.... Either because they see nothing they want, or they are only willig to trade it for one thing (usually something thats way more expensive.)

When offering a trade consider how old/popular/hot your game is and trade it for stuff accordingly. And if youre going to request a new release game its probably a good idea to offer one up for trade.

I try to imagine how other people view my game. If its not on many people's radar i will be willing to accept several different games for it... Maybe some even of lesser value. It seems every math trade a bunch of people are upset bc they didnt complete any trades. When ive offered to make a private trade with them i usually find out they are overstating the value of what they have... Like they want more than one game or something thats rare or really expensive. Well no kidding they dont complete a trade lol.

Im no expert and maybe im full of it but ive been doing math trades for 6 years or so. I isually get at least one or two. Sometimes as high as 6-8. Rarely do i come out of a trade with nothing, and the guidelines above are what i follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the ni-ight...
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at the Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2019 Edition - Requests. If you list a game that someone really wants, your chances may increase.

Also, if someone has listed a game you want, take a look at their "want in trade" list. It can't hurt to make them a trade offer on the side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slprince wrote:
Also, if someone has listed a game you want, take a look at their "for trade" list. It can't hurt to make them a trade offer on the side.

I agree on this. On other math trades that I have "very few trades", I still deemed them pretty successful due to the side trades that resulted before and after the math trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Trgovac
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade - I was a little overwhelmed by the OLWLG, but those videos were super helpful!

Question - what's the etiquette on removing something from the Math Trade, if I've been approached to do a side trade? Should I wait til its over? Does it matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
mynameiskate wrote:
This is my first math trade - I was a little overwhelmed by the OLWLG, but those videos were super helpful!

Question - what's the etiquette on removing something from the Math Trade, if I've been approached to do a side trade? Should I wait til its over? Does it matter?

You don't need to remove anything. Just submit a blank want list for that item. It will not trade if you submit a blank wantlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the ni-ight...
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb
mynameiskate wrote:

You can delete the item from the geeklist. You may not want to ship the game until after the trade, though... just in case you end up having to send something else to the recipient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants to advertise this math trade on the regional forums for more visibility, go right ahead. I'm on mobile for a few days and doing anything is a pain in the ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LAST day to get your games listed for trade. Deadline is 11PM est tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're done. Want list submission window is now open. Deadline to get your wants in is Wednesday 11PM EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCallum
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to reply to a question about one of my listed items for some reason? Says "Comments are not allowed on this geeklist" (even though someone clearly left a comment for me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
RTigger wrote:
I can't seem to reply to a question about one of my listed items for some reason? Says "Comments are not allowed on this geeklist" (even though someone clearly left a comment for me)

Comments get locked once the geek list is closed for submissions.

Your best bet is to post a public response here and/or GM the original commenter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.