Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the card sizes for ordering sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG standard American. Green packing.

They are tight but if you take your time they work perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh man, I thought they were magic sized. bought the wrong ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pogle
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I chose to use Mayday Chimera (Orange) over Standard (Purple). With the premium sleeves, it was very dicey getting cards into Standard without bending them. So I've got a little extra sleeve at the top, but also a much easier time sleeving them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
Sacramento will never be the capital of California. Los Angeles is the new capital of California. CAN YOU DIG IT?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else had any experience trying to sleeve this game? I tried using the Mayday Chimera sleeves from my Scythe cards and they seemed a decent fit width-wise (they could probably give or take a milimeter), but a few milimeters too tall. It's not the worst having them too tall but something with a slightly better overall fit would be awesome. Also, Mayday chimeras are sold out everywhere so even if I wanted to sleeve with them, I couldn't in the immediate future.

Do the folks at Ninth Haven have a specific sleeve suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
geoffropuff wrote:
Has anyone else had any experience trying to sleeve this game? I tried using the Mayday Chimera sleeves from my Scythe cards and they seemed a decent fit width-wise (they could probably give or take a milimeter), but a few milimeters too tall. It's not the worst having them too tall but something with a slightly better overall fit would be awesome. Also, Mayday chimeras are sold out everywhere so even if I wanted to sleeve with them, I couldn't in the immediate future.

Do the folks at Ninth Haven have a specific sleeve suggestion?

No I have had no such experienceOh wait.. I did and posted about it in this thread. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
Sacramento will never be the capital of California. Los Angeles is the new capital of California. CAN YOU DIG IT?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw that but I'm a little wary since the other guy said that card curling may be an issue on the smaller sleeves. I'm very interested in what Ninth Haven has to say. They said they built the insert with sleeves in mind so I was wondering if they had specific sleeve sizes in mind when they designed the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geoffropuff wrote:
Yeah, I saw that but I'm a little wary since the other guy said that card curling may be an issue on the smaller sleeves. I'm very interested in what Ninth Haven has to say. They said they built the insert with sleeves in mind so I was wondering if they had specific sleeve sizes in mind when they designed the cards.

Then why ask if anyone had experience?

Yep. I can confirm that when you first sleeve them there is bowing. And when you go to play it 2 days later after storing the cards tightly to remove the "poof" newly sleeved cards have the bowing is gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
I am far from an expert on sleeves which is why I have remained quiet. That said, we did make sure sleeves fit before signing off on the insert. The two brands we tried were Fantasy Flight Supply (57x89 MM) and USA Chimera (57.5 X 89 MM.). Both fit fine although FF were a tighter fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
geoffropuff wrote:

Then why ask if anyone had experience?

Yep. I can confirm that when you first sleeve them there is bowing. And when you go to play it 2 days later after storing the cards tightly to remove the "poof" newly sleeved cards have the bowing is gone.

I mean, yeah, I was asking for experiences. You had already listed yours, another guy listed his with some wariness about yours, and then I asked if anyone else had experience with them. I don't think I was ignoring your input but since there are relatively few people talking about sleeving, just trying to get more data points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
I am far from an expert on sleeves which is why I have remained quiet. That said, we did make sure sleeves fit before signing off on the insert. The two brands we tried were Fantasy Flight Supply (57x89 MM) and USA Chimera (57.5 X 89 MM.). Both fit fine although FF were a tighter fit.

Thanks, Richard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used FF. Sadly their cut size is no longer perfect. As 1/2 where too tight. I'd probably go with a different brand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Waller
United States
Battle Ground
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I bought both the FF Greens and the Mayday Chimeras. I find that the FF's are a just a hair too tight side to side in that cause cupping on the cards. Plus they are just a little bit too tall by about 3/16" (4.75mm).

By contrast the Mayday card sleeves are well, just terrible. Like penny sleeves for more like .05 a sleeve price. It's like the cards are sitting in a loose fitting sandwich bag. I'm either going to give them away or throw them in the garbage.

I went looking for a third manufacturer and didn't find any other 56ish mm x 85ish mm size sleeves. So I guess I'll be sticking with the FFs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Matthew
msg tools
I recommend BCW 56x87mm. Concerning width, they fit the same as FF 57x89mm (green). However, the BCW sleeves only have an extra 1mm on top, whereas the FF have 5mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.