Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Fiedler
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been struggling to find a good storage solution for everything besides a bunch of bags. Anyone found a Plano box that fits well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea the model number. But should be easy to find a plano that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
Sacramento will never be the capital of California. Los Angeles is the new capital of California. CAN YOU DIG IT?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you have to cut the walls out of there yourself? I've done it before but man it's a pain in the butt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's the removable kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is wrong with the insert in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
What is wrong with the insert in the box?

That's what I use. I bag about half the items... the rest just stay in the wells. While playing the game each dinosaur and the walls have a place to sit for easily grabbing everything.

I even have my cards sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Nightlight
msg tools
Curious about that too. The box insert works ok for me, and I've got everything bagged as well as the corrupted T-Rex.

It's definitely a snug fit, but I've had worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
Sacramento will never be the capital of California. Los Angeles is the new capital of California. CAN YOU DIG IT?!
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest issue was that the items weren't fully flat in the insert wells, so I was afraid that over the long term, if the meeples were poking the bottom of the board, there might be little indents on there. It's probably moot if you store the box on its side though. Also, I fully accept that I may just be overly paranoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grenard
msg tools
publisher
Here's my layout. Everything fits quite well for me (I should hope so, I'm the one who did most of the design!), but I should probably make setup/teardown easier on myself by bagging the different player pieces.

And for what it's worth, I do think someone like Broken Token could do better. The underlying issue we had to work with was that there's also two layers of punchboards in the box that won't always exist, along with the need to ensure the components wouldn't get crushed by the weight of the boards. So a lot of the overall design was built around survival first and foremost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goldfenix wrote:
Here's my layout. Everything fits quite well for me (I should hope so, I'm the one who did most of the design!), but I should probably make setup/teardown easier on myself by bagging the different player pieces.

And for what it's worth, I do think someone like Broken Token could do better. The underlying issue we had to work with was that there's also two layers of punchboards in the box that won't always exist, along with the need to ensure the components wouldn't get crushed by the weight of the boards. So a lot of the overall design was built around survival first and foremost.

Definitely think it's a well designed insert for what your goals were. I'm just kinda OCD when it comes to mixing components in the wells. Thanks for the photo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
geoffropuff wrote:
Definitely think it's a well designed insert for what your goals were. I'm just kinda OCD when it comes to mixing components in the wells. Thanks for the photo!

I'm the same way. I'll probably design a 3d printed insert for the game soon, though if you don't have access to a 3d printer, it won't help much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my first solution:

the player meeples and bits are in seperate zipper bags and can be storaged in the insert

or at the side of the player boards.

(The rectangles are not equal, I used the bigger ones for more meeples)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happybeingdumb wrote:
geoffropuff wrote:

I'm the same way. I'll probably design a 3d printed insert for the game soon, though if you don't have access to a 3d printer, it won't help much.

I don't have access to a 3D printer but I do have access to a Daiso (Japanese 99 cent-style store). They sell plenty of small containers so we'll see if I can work something out of those after work today. If it looks good, I'll post pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's how I organized it using a plane 3620. The height of the plano is perfect for fitting all the boards and manual on top without pushing up the lid. I wish I could have separated the tokens in the top right corner but it really made no sense to have sections dedicated to literally 5 cardboard chits. In the end, I'm pretty happy with how it fits. Just need to sleeve the cards and make sure it still fits, which I think it will because the card stacks are significantly below the edge of the plane.

Now that I'm done organizing, maybe I can actually get to playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I need someone to do a good wooden insert for this game. Something you can actually play FROM rather than mere good storage. Much easier to grab a piece of the insert and put it beside the board rather than having to grab them out of the insert and put them in little bowls. And this game has a LOT of stuff to store in bowls -- all the different dinos, visitors, goats, money, etc etc etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
I need someone to do a good wooden insert for this game. Something you can actually play FROM rather than mere good storage. Much easier to grab a piece of the insert and put it beside the board rather than having to grab them out of the insert and put them in little bowls. And this game has a LOT of stuff to store in bowls -- all the different dinos, visitors, goats, money, etc etc etc.

Or for Folded Space to do one. It'd probably be the size of a $15 tier insert for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here’s my approach. I have each of the five players’ workers and other tokens in a small plastic bag. One of the long boxes holds all the money tokens; the other line box holds additional fences they couldn’t quite fit in the main box. There are also two smaller boxes, one for the buster tokens that you use in two or three player games, and one for the extra tokens that I don’t need since I have the corrected T-Rex meeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Matthew
msg tools

Yet another example using a plano tackle box. Cards are sleeved in Fantasy Flight Green. Reputation board on the plano box is the same height as the deck boxes. Corrupted & Black Hat cards are in the baggie under the Facilities bag. Corrupted tokens are in a baggie under the workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.