19 Posts

DinoGenics» Forums » General

Subject: Typo on the board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Charlton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I had a quick look through the posts but couldn't see anybody else mentioning it - I can't be the only one though.

Backed this rather than Dinosaur Island the first time around and then backed Dinosaur Island on the 2nd run, and I know that had problems with the rulebook even after a 2nd printing (gold/yellow meeples anyone?).

Just received my game today in the UK - have been waiting for a long time and can't wait to play, I can't help but be a little disappointed with this typo on the board though.

How does something like this sneak through proof reading?

E missing from 'COMPLETE'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least that mistake does not impact game play. I can live with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Charlton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I know. I know. I can just never unsee it now. It’ll be fine and I’ll forget about it after a few plays. Loving the quality of the components and boards. It’s exactly why I backed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattcharlton wrote:
I know. I know. I can just never unsee it now. It’ll be fine and I’ll forget about it after a few plays. Loving the quality of the components and boards. It’s exactly why I backed it.

I made a pretty big mistake on something for my job a few weeks ago where I left an extra E in a pamphlet we printed quite a few copies of, so I'm going to consider this karmic retribution, or the universe evening out, depending on what mood I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never noticed it. There are far worse in other games, ones that actually impact the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattcharlton wrote:

You love it, but somehow can't help but make sure everyone is aware of a mistake on the board? While I can understand that this may be an issue for you, wouldn't an email to the publisher about something they may want to fix in the next printing make more sense than publicly pointing it out the error to everyone, especially considering your comment that you can't "unsee" it now? Why would you want to make everyone else who is enjoying the game not be able to "unsee" it themselves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Charlton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sounds like somebody didn’t get the board game they wanted for Christmas from Santa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattcharlton wrote:
Sounds like somebody didn’t get the board game they wanted for Christmas from Santa.

Ironically, that is exactly what I was thinking whistle

In all seriousness, the game is awesome, and the quality, aside from that one mistake is outstanding. Hopefully you will be able to get past the spelling issue and truly enjoy all that the game has to offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Charlton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Appreciate what you’re saying. The reason I decided to post on bgg rather than email the publisher is because I wanted to make sure it wasn’t a small subsection of the print that had the issue and I’ve noticed that the game designers are fairly active. So I’d rather give them the feedback directly.

I apologise if you think I was complaining or if I’ve ruined the game for other players. I proofread dice hospital and would have been really gutted if something like this had made it through.

I also apologise for the Christmas thing. Felt like a required response to what I initially read as a little bit of a dig at me. I’m feeling sensitive this afternoon it would seem.

Hope you enjoy your weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grenard
msg tools
publisher
Chris from Ninth Haven here. Yeah, we noticed it upon receipt of the final copies. It's pretty embarrassing, and we spoke with Panda about how much it would cost to replace all the board. Unfortunately, let me just say it was not a small number. We're just glad we didn't pull a Asmodee and completely mess up a gameplay mechanic on the board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Charlton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Chris, at least you guys are aware for future editions. And who knows, this misprint might end up becoming a limited edition

Really looking forward to getting it to the table. Fingers crossed it’ll be tonight if the wife agrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
goldfenix wrote:
Chris from Ninth Haven here. Yeah, we noticed it upon receipt of the final copies. It's pretty embarrassing, and we spoke with Panda about how much it would cost to replace all the board. Unfortunately, let me just say it was not a small number. We're just glad we didn't pull a Asmodee and completely mess up a gameplay mechanic on the board!

You could always put a sticker in the upcoming(???- I hope!) expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to say that if there had to be a typo in that word, I'm glad it wasn't the last "e," which would've been really annoying to look at. As it is, my brain processes it as a pseudo-abbreviation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Malinsky
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I’m a backer of this game, nemesis, and detective: City of angels. I’ve been playing nemesis and it has like half a dozen typos just in the players action cards and events which cycle through multiple times each game and that is like 3x as expensive. It says like “rooom” and “o” instead of “to” but like it’s already been said it doesn’t affect gameplay and the gameplay is incredibly fun so I just move right past it but I can see how it could be bothersome especially if you paid 200$ for nemesis.
But my primary point I wanted to add is that Dinogenics is in my hands and really fun Just like nemesis is, while Detective which I backed the same time is still delayed again and again. Every month they say, “oh darn bad news another 3 month delay.” I guess I’d just rather have it in my hands and playing even if one or two letters get missed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R F
msg tools
For another typo to fix on the second printing, the Overview player reference cards have "playeing" on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grenard
msg tools
publisher
Reverse wrote:
For another typo to fix on the second printing, the Overview player reference cards have "playeing" on them.

Thanks! I think you're the first person to mention this one, we hadn't caught it yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R F
msg tools
Sorry, that's "placeing" as opposed to playeing, and is on the place workers step of the Season Overview on the reference card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be corrected for the next edition that you're KickStarting this summer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.